Anyone still experiencing 'keyboard drop' after update?

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
It would help if people checked to see if they're actually on 8107 before stating nothing has been fixed. :D

There was alot of talk about 8107 already rolling out..so when my phone said 'update available', I had no reason to think otherwise. Especially when the keyboard didnt dissapear on me for a couple days after I updated. In my original post I apologized if this wasnt the update. Just wanted to make sure my phone was working right.
My question now is- all updates, no matter how minor, require to be plugged into zune and go through all the steps? Just curious, because other phones I had would update in my pocket w/o me even knowing.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
There was alot of talk about 8107 already rolling out..so when my phone said 'update available', I had no reason to think otherwise. Especially when the keyboard didnt dissapear on me for a couple days after I updated. In my original post I apologized if this wasnt the update. Just wanted to make sure my phone was working right.
My question now is- all updates, no matter how minor, require to be plugged into zune and go through all the steps? Just curious, because other phones I had would update in my pocket w/o me even knowing.

Zune will tell you what the update is (8107) and list what it'll do.

AFAIK, all updates come down via Zune so your phone can be backed up. It's just the most sensible way to distribute updates.

You may want to consider editing your first post to avoid confusion. :)

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
It has to be via Zune jdd77, Windows Phone doesn't yet support over the air updating.

Windows phone does alot of things differently than other phones, so I guess Im still getting used to the occasional curve ball.. Thanks again.
Seems some of you already have 8107, did anyone also get this firmware update? Maybe its just carrier specific..

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I updated via the manual cab method when I had my Radar (sold it and got a 710 for $200 bucks = D ). My keyboard still dropped after the update and I knew for a FACT I was on 8107. I didn't use it long enough to tell if it was less frequent, but it seemed like it was less frequent during my last few days of use...

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Windows phone does alot of things differently than other phones, so I guess Im still getting used to the occasional curve ball.. Thanks again.
Seems some of you already have 8107, did anyone also get this firmware update? Maybe its just carrier specific..
The update you got is a radio firmware update specific to the Verizon Trophy, not 8107. When you updated Zune should have said something like "HTC Update for Windows Phone". MS has stated that 8107 will be "available to carriers who request it." So far Verizon has been completely silent about 8107, so I wouldn't hold your breath for it.

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
The update you got is a radio firmware update specific to the Verizon Trophy, not 8107. When you updated Zune should have said something like "HTC Update for Windows Phone". MS has stated that 8107 will be "available to carriers who request it." So far Verizon has been completely silent about 8107, so I wouldn't hold your breath for it.

Ok. thanks. wanted to know what was goin on here. I thought it was a little odd (being on verizon) that I would get 8107 so quickly. Seeing the other carrier's lumia and the new titan, then I look at my "trophy" and verizon- I know if I held my breath I'd pass out.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site

IMO, that's not good enough. This isn't open source. MS should dictate they provide the update. . .especially updates that are released to fix bugs!!

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
IMO, that's not good enough. This isn't open source. MS should dictate they provide the update. . .especially updates that are released to fix bugs!!
You're preaching to the choir here...there's no reason MS should need carrier approval for a simple bug fix that doesn't involve the radio.

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
It would help if people checked to see if they're actually on 8107 before stating nothing has been fixed. :D

24xdk61.jpg

And the issue still persists (and his happening more frequently with each day it seems).

slinky826

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded my phone today (LG Quantum on AT&T, 8107) and haven't had any issues yet. Even seems to be running a bit faster as well.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I have the trophy too. What os version does yours say

I'm on the same version as you. I hope we get 8107 soon. I'm getting very frustrated fighting the keyboard. It really takes the shine off am otherwise excellent phone.

Sent from my Windows7 Phone using Board Express

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
How did you get the update while on Verizon? My understanding is that Verizon hasn't been sending it out. I received the firmware update.
You're correct, Verizon is not sending 8107. But there is an unofficial way to do it manually that is not supported by MS. See here:

[CAB] Official WP7 Updates List: 7.10.8107 + ALL LANGUAGES complete + OEM updates - xda-developers

As always, be careful doing things like this and have a backup on hand in case something goes wrong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon