Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Maybe its just my phone but since the 8107 update last week, my keyboard still falls out when Im typing. It was fine at fist, then it started with a couple isolated times and now it's happening again more frequently.
    If 8107 wasn't intended to fix the keyboard issue, then I apologize for this post. If it was, then Im wondering if 'keyboard drop' is just gonna be a fact of wp7 life..

correction: it was brought to my attention from the responses to this post that I had received a firmware update and not 8107. I have the trophy...so I might not see this update at all.
    Last edited by jdd77; 01-31-2012 at 07:47 PM.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    I got an update on my trophy the other day and I still have the disappearing keyboard. Somewhat disappointed in that.

Sent from my Windows7 Phone using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by scottcraft View Post
    I got an update on my trophy the other day and I still have the disappearing keyboard. Somewhat disappointed in that.

You probably got a firmware update, not 8107. OP, did you actually confirm that you're on 8107?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PG2G View Post
    You probably got a firmware update, not 8107. OP, did you actually confirm that you're on 8107?
    I don't know what the update was. Hopefully it wasn't 8107, guess I'll have to see.

It definitely doesn't happen anywhere near as often, but sometimes it does right when I start typing.

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    Well that sucks.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    There are posts that clearly state that this update was the long over due fix for the keyboard problem. I plugged into Zune and it went through all the updating steps. If this wasn't 8107, then what was it? There was no talk of it.

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Go to Settings>About and click more info.

It should state your OS version.

My 800 came shipped with the newest OS and Firmware... And my keyboard has only disappeared if I accidentally click above any of the letters on the first row.

Current Phone: Nokia Lumia 920 Yellow (YAY!!)
    Future Phone:
    Previous Phones: Lumia 800, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, HTC Hero, Iphone 3GS
    Carrier: 3 Sweden
    I haven't noticed the keyboard disappearing since updating to 8107.

Richard Edmonds
    UK Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Newsroom UK Shift Manager - Mobile Nations

Email: rich@mobilenations.com
    Twitter: @RichEdmonds
    Socl: RichEdmonds

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Mine still disappears. I am on 8107.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Mine hasn't disappeared since 8107 either and I'm always texting.

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK

Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottcraft View Post

I have the trophy too. What os version does yours say

Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Weebear- do you know if there was another update besides 8107? I definitely updated to something. I got the update available message, plugged into Zune, went thru all the steps. Took close to an hour. I just checked my settings and Im at ver. 7.10.7720.68. Is this any kind of update at all or do I need to call Verizon?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    That build is Mango jdd77, some firmware has been released for certain phones but not the 8107 build yet jdd77.

You may have got some firmware updates but not the 8107 operating system as yet.

If you had noted down your firmware before you updated you would probably see you now have newer firmware.

Firmware updates can be for a whole range of things including improved connections, wifi improvements, sound etc

Thanked by:
    jdd77 

Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWeeBear View Post
    That build is Mango jdd77, some firmware has been released for certain phones but not the 8107 build yet jdd77.

You may have got some firmware updates but not the 8107 operating system as yet.

If you had noted down your firmware before you updated you would probably see you now have newer firmware.

Firmware updates can be for a whole range of things including improved connections, wifi improvements, sound etc
    It seemed like it was supposed to be a big update. Ok thanks weebear...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Yeah, i'm sure 8107 will be with you soon, just a little patience, but if you're anything like me jdd77, I like all my updates yesterday. :D

jdd77 likes this.

Disappearing keyboard issue disappeared since 8107. :)
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"
    aubreyq likes this.

It would help if people checked to see if they're actually on 8107 before stating nothing has been fixed. :D

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I haven't got the dissapearing keyboard yet. am certain I'm on the latest update also :D

Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Supes View Post
    It would help if people checked to see if they're actually on 8107 before stating nothing has been fixed. :D
    There was alot of talk about 8107 already rolling out..so when my phone said 'update available', I had no reason to think otherwise. Especially when the keyboard didnt dissapear on me for a couple days after I updated. In my original post I apologized if this wasnt the update. Just wanted to make sure my phone was working right.
    My question now is- all updates, no matter how minor, require to be plugged into zune and go through all the steps? Just curious, because other phones I had would update in my pocket w/o me even knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by jdd77 View Post
    There was alot of talk about 8107 already rolling out..so when my phone said 'update available', I had no reason to think otherwise. Especially when the keyboard didnt dissapear on me for a couple days after I updated. In my original post I apologized if this wasnt the update. Just wanted to make sure my phone was working right.
    My question now is- all updates, no matter how minor, require to be plugged into zune and go through all the steps? Just curious, because other phones I had would update in my pocket w/o me even knowing.
    Zune will tell you what the update is (8107) and list what it'll do.

AFAIK, all updates come down via Zune so your phone can be backed up. It's just the most sensible way to distribute updates.

You may want to consider editing your first post to avoid confusion. :)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    It has to be via Zune jdd77, Windows Phone doesn't yet support over the air updating.

Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWeeBear View Post
    It has to be via Zune jdd77, Windows Phone doesn't yet support over the air updating.
    Windows phone does alot of things differently than other phones, so I guess Im still getting used to the occasional curve ball.. Thanks again.
    Seems some of you already have 8107, did anyone also get this firmware update? Maybe its just carrier specific..

Global Posts
    996 Global Posts
    I updated via the manual cab method when I had my Radar (sold it and got a 710 for $200 bucks = D ). My keyboard still dropped after the update and I knew for a FACT I was on 8107. I didn't use it long enough to tell if it was less frequent, but it seemed like it was less frequent during my last few days of use...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast