This is what a verizon rep told me, forshame!!

johndd34

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Stephanie: What will you be using the device for?

john: I have a corporate email account with microsoft outlook and I like to social network

Stephanie: I would recommend that you get an Android phone!

john: why so?

Stephanie: Because we have a wide selection and you will be able to do everything you need on them!

john: really? well, maybe i will go with a windows phones since i use a lot of windows programs and it is much faster than android

Stephanie: The windows phone is great too!

Really? the reason I should get android is because they have alot of phones????........ugh....stupid sales people....what do you think about this??

johaas

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Stephanie: What will you be using the device for?

john: I have a corporate email account with microsoft outlook and I like to social network

Stephanie: I would recommend that you get an Android phone!

john: why so?

Stephanie: Because we have a wide selection and you will be able to do everything you need on them!

john: really? well, maybe i will go with a windows phones since i use a lot of windows programs and it is much faster than android

Stephanie: The windows phone is great too!

Really? the reason I should get android is because they have alot of phones????........ugh....stupid sales people....what do you think about this??
Well, could be worse. I've heard a couple stories of the rep essentially saying, "you don't want that crap...now look at this nice dual-core Android phone." It's really quite sad - people who don't do their research are going to have their choice made for them.

You should have milked it a little bit longer, just to see how ignorant she is.

John: I'm an avid XBOX 360 gamer and have an extensive Zune library as well. What phone should I get?

Stephanie: I know just what you're looking for! The Samsung Galaxy Nexus will run you $299 on a new two year contract.

Last edited:

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
i would have fun with them for a while if i was in your situation

here we don't have windows phone in any store so i bought my phone from the web
one day i went to a store and put it my phone on the table and asked if windows phone available and i know its not available then one sales rep said well windows phone is old you don't need old technology i told him so what do i need i really need your advice he said you need something like android because its new technology i told him does window phone look like this i showed him my phone he said no this is not windows phone i told him this is windows phone and its one year old OS i left laughing and he was totally confused :D

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
lol that reminds when I went to Sprint and asked about the Arrive. ( I made a topic about it but here's a quick resume).

Me: Hey that phone looks kind of cool, which one is it?
Salesman: That's the HTC Arrive.
Me: Does it have a Keyboard?
Salesman: I don't know.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
i would have fun with them for a while if i was in your situation

here we don't have windows phone in any store so i bought my phone from the web
one day i went to a store and put it my phone on the table and asked if windows phone available and i know its not available then one sales rep said well windows phone is old you don't need old technology i told him so what do i need i really need your advice he said you need something like android because its new technology i told him does window phone look like this i showed him my phone he said no this is not windows phone i told him this is windows phone and its one year old OS i left laughing and he was totally confused :D

Wow, some people still can't tell the difference between Windows Mobile and Windows Phone. Moreover, there are still many people don't even know Windows Phone exists!

Sometimes, I wish Microsoft didn't name it Windows Phone.

Silverdogz

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Scene AT&T store
William: I am looking for a Windows Phone what do you have?
Jeff: Oh, you don't want one of those old things. You should get an iPhone.
William: Did you know that I happen to know that a Windows Phone is newer than an iPhone?
Jeff: Uhhhh
I left with the poor guy looking so bamboozled. I felt sorry for him.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
@johaas funny! I have a Galaxy Nexus, but guess what I'm typing this post on? A HTC Trophy. Better form factor, battery life and OS :D.

I went to VZW last week asking about the Trophy and got a lot of "why do you want that phone when you have a GNexus?" Phone support was pretty confused when I was asking about the phone too. Microsoft needs to change Verizon's perception.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm the only VZW rep in my disctrict with a Trophy willingly. Our work phones are randomly selected and shipped out, so I know a few people with one as a work phone but they generally shut it off and use call forwarding to their personal line which is 9 times out of 10 a Droid Bionic or iPhone 4.

Basically, there is absolutely no education about Windows Phones to our employees. I go through Microsoft's training system for my Windows Phone 7 education needs, because there's nothing on VZW's end. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my employer, but they're stuck on what Windows Mobile 6 was like.

I have co-workers who have never even TOUCHED a Trophy but talk about it like it's garbage. Just ignorance, no one is at fault. Also keep in mind that most carriers hire experienced sales staff before they hire tech savvy kids. I'm the youngest at my store and there's only one other guy I work with who even gives a damn about phones. The other 8 reps are just sales people.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3