do you think wp8 will bring any dramatic ui changes?

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully they bring in Customization.
Maybe a notification screen or something that has wifi toggles etc.
I'd like it to be more like windows 8 in terms of how it looks I hope they just dont 500 more features to windows phone 7.5 phone and call it windows phone 8....

Also dont you think this os could work amazingly with gestures?! Buttonless experience would be great!

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
As far as UI changes I'd be satisfied with a swipe left for notifications and custom color tiles. Perhaps an option for a background pic and translucent tiles... Don't want them to change it too much. I love it the way it is now!

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I still think notifications are coming in Tango I mean it only makes sense. But what I do think they are going to do with Windows 8 is alow more Live Tile functionality more efficient live tiles better tiles displaying you key information better.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I also want minor changes like for example. Words appearing completely, I mean I know that means that you can swipe to the right to access another screen but sometimes the words don't fit the screen for no good reason. I also want Office to work much smoothly, is very jerky.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't expect dramatic changes at all -except on the desktop. Actually, I expect Win 8 to implement the touch functionalities and Metro/look innovations -first seen on Zune players and the XBox, and now on WinPhones- onto the desktop. I'm expecting and hoping for more and better integration across the 3 platforms, and more growth/development/refinement. In other words, my guess, is mostly WYSIWYG: What You've Seen is What You'll Get -but now on the desktop.

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I hope we can customize the tiles thats my main thing and for landscape im fine with the functionality but it wouldnt hurt to have more. Also just more features to each native app. But thats expected. Windows 8 tiles look alot better imo, alot more sizes and colors and what not. I like that alot I think the bigger ones could be the more important ones apps displaying certain info that you choose no matter the size. Tiles have so much more potential then they do now.

martin_strahilovski

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Well we will have folders on Windows 8 and separate multimedia settings among other things. The UI should be slightly different from WP 7.5 and it will a loot like desktop version of Windows 8. That's my observation from the information's i have read so far.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
My wants are simple. I just want separate volume controls for ringtones, alarms, and media player.

It would also be nice to be able to save selected text messages.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
guaranty the UI wont change. its the new face of MS , why would they change it , lol

like believing a rumor about WP7.5 not updating to WP8 after MS confirms that ti will . LOL.

they probably will add more features, but its gona stay the same.
dont expect to be able to customize it like android, never gona happen!

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
guaranty the UI wont change. its the new face of MS , why would they change it , lol

like believing a rumor about WP7.5 not updating to WP8 after MS confirms that ti will . LOL.

they probably will add more features, but its gona stay the same.
dont expect to be able to customize it like android, never gona happen!
i think you meant gaurantee... lol j/k

L

lumic

I hope they don't go buttonless. A physical home button is so, so useful - there's a reason why Apple, known for reducing buttons and clutter, has kept its home button. If anything, I'd like to see Microsoft add a hardware mute switch as an option, which I think is an underrated feature.

I'd be fine with more system-wide functions being added via gestures, but I see no issue with a three-button arrangement - simple to remember, simple to locate. I'd be interested in what Nokia could contribute, since I thought Harmattan to be rather silly (swiping from ANY edge brings you back to the home screens - what a waste).

Oh, and the last thing I want Microsoft to do? Emulate the buttons on-screen without taking advantage of contextual possibilities, a la Ice Cream Sandwich. Remember the rumours that the Lumia 800 would have on-screen buttons? God awful.

What I want to see is some serious work regarding custom hubs and app interoperability. Just providing the ability to plug in to another app isn't enough, there must be a wide range of use-cases specified so developers will take advantage of such a capability without excessive fragmentation.

Would also welcome a real notification system, and for apps to resume on launch (rather than relaunch). It's annoying to get a toast notification which has to relaunch the app and subsequently leaves you in the wrong spot of the app anyway.

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure I use the features you mentioned, no I offense. I love the 3 hardware buttons and want them too keep them. I don't think I would ever use a mute switch either, I've even had one on a previous device and never used it.

Oh and your last post about instant resume... I thought that is in mango right now? I don't re-launch apps I instantly pull them back up. Not sure what's up there unless you haven't gotten the mango update yet.

I hope they don't go buttonless. A physical home button is so, so useful - there's a reason why Apple, known for reducing buttons and clutter, has kept its home button. If anything, I'd like to see Microsoft add a hardware mute switch as an option, which I think is an underrated feature.

I'd be fine with more system-wide functions being added via gestures, but I see no issue with a three-button arrangement - simple to remember, simple to locate. I'd be interested in what Nokia could contribute, since I thought Harmattan to be rather silly (swiping from ANY edge brings you back to the home screens - what a waste).

Oh, and the last thing I want Microsoft to do? Emulate the buttons on-screen without taking advantage of contextual possibilities, a la Ice Cream Sandwich. Remember the rumours that the Lumia 800 would have on-screen buttons? God awful.

What I want to see is some serious work regarding custom hubs and app interoperability. Just providing the ability to plug in to another app isn't enough, there must be a wide range of use-cases specified so developers will take advantage of such a capability without excessive fragmentation.

Would also welcome a real notification system, and for apps to resume on launch (rather than relaunch). It's annoying to get a toast notification which has to relaunch the app and subsequently leaves you in the wrong spot of the app anyway.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

DanSmithKY

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I want to see more cloud integration. I want the options to have texts backed up to the cloud, so that they can be loaded onto your phone post-wipe, or after a new phone purchase. I'l like to see SkyDrive integrate a feature with a list of apps that you want automatically reinstalled on new devices. Not all apps you've puchased and downloaded, but the ones that you choose. I'd like an easy standardized method for apps to save data to SkyDrive, so that game saves, settings, etc. can also be saved from phone to phone.

As far as the UI, I'd like an option similar to what the Windows 8 Developer Preview has (though it isn't currently working) where you can set up which apps display notifications on the lockscreen. So I could for instance, have WPCentral's app display its notification icon and number of notifications on the lockscreen if they set it up with that functionality. I also wouldn't mind it if they got rid of the app bar and replaced it with the swipe from the top or botton of the screen for in app options as per Windows 8 Metro apps. They could also implement the swipe from the right for system options from Windows 8 Metro apps as well.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
This takes me back to my first WPC post (which was "ignored"). ;)

I, on the other hand, want "cloud integration" to be optional -totally or selectively.

I'd like some simple Windows Mobile functionalities back: among others, being able to sync directly with my personal Windows Outlook, and not through or with the active participation of corporate servers (AKA "the cloud"); and, even simpler, being able to exclude the text of an email in your reply -although I understand that this is also related to the active participation. ;)

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Not Tango. Probably Apollo.

I still think notifications are coming in Tango I mean it only makes sense. But what I do think they are going to do with Windows 8 is alow more Live Tile functionality more efficient live tiles better tiles displaying you key information better.

Tango will not be hitting any current hardware, as far as I know, so notifications will not be getting a refresh. Tango is primarily for expanding the OS to help lower priced devices get into the emerging markets.

Apollo will have tons of cool new feaures, I have no doubt. One that I feel needs to be improved is the notifications. A simple swipe to the right, revealing a third pane to the left of the Start screen is the most popular suggestion, but Microsoft has never said anything hinting that this will be implemented. A pull-down page has been rumored too, but I doubt that MS would want to copy other OSs in such a way.

The biggest thing that we know will be improved with Apollo will be the SkyDrive and Skype integrations. I can't wait!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3