AT&T owners, how do you manage your data?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
What app do you use to show you? Any settings you particulary use? Mango seems to be doing lots of stuff under the background so it seems like it should go easily over the 2GB.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
The My AT&T app. Usually updates once per day. Just for perspective, I have an unlimited plan, but I keep WiFi enabled 24/7 because my Home/Office connections are way faster than AT&T's limp 0.6 to 1.5Mbps 3G data signal. With 8 background tasks, 4 email accounts and various push apps working, plus the occasional usage outside the range of WiFi (don't get out much) I average about 220MB/month in 3G usage. So most of that 220MB would be attributed to things happening in the background. And yes, I do have the update and user experience toggles turned on for 3G. So maybe 6-7MB/day. Not that ba actually.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Silverdogz

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Don't watch a video on data it will suck data like there's no tomorrow. But other than that 2GB is enough for everything else.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I only have one Background task on Accuweather. Most live tiles update without the need for it. But is just that after hearing so much terrible stuff about T-mobile I really don't want to get stuck in another terrible carrier and their Windows Phone offering are pretty awful too.

kylej1050

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I use about 220m of data per month. Most of the places I am at have wifi so its no big deal, aside from being able to stream my music I dont expect any sudden data increases on ATT over Sprint come march.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
WiFi on at home. I never go over 1GB, usually around 750MB. I'll use GPS, I never stream music, but I have listened to internet radio stations from time to time.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
How many youtube videos you think will make me pass 1GB of data?

Edit:

Ok so I took a look at my bills. But it doesn't show the data in GB, how much is this?

Last edited:

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Assuming that's in KB, so that's about 990MB which is obviously less than 1GB.

If it were in MB, you'd be using ~990 GBs on your phone which is in the realm of impossibility

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Just monitor your usage through AT&T site. It'll show you how much you've used. AT&T also will send you a text when you're reaching your monthly limit.

Wifi is pretty much everywhere nowadays. But I purposely use my 4G* network until I am darn near at the limit. It's not like they have rollover data, so I try to use it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6