Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Right now my wife and I have HD7s on Tmobile US. Our phones are crapping out and are looking at upgrading both of them. I am thinking the Radar personally, I have never been one for Nokias. Pet peeve I guess. My wife is having trouble deciding. Any suggestions? I know the downgrade of hard drive from my current 16gb and I am ok with that. I travel alot and use outlook for work so I need one that will work for what I do and take a beating a little bit too. I also have like 17 xbox live games on my hd7 and want to keep up my gaming.

Thanks in advance.

Global Posts
    2,145 Global Posts
    I'm not sure of the "Lumina" you speak of (heh!), but the Lumia 710 is a pretty sweet little device. My wife got one yesterday and she is enjoying it so far. She doesn't do any gaming, and neither do I, so I can't make any comment on games. Though, if you're wanting to do gaming, the Lumia 710 is probably not the best choice as its battery is a good bit smaller than the Radar's.
    Lumia 635

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk7188 View Post
    Right now my wife and I have HD7s on Tmobile US. Our phones are crapping out and are looking at upgrading both of them. I am thinking the Radar personally, I have never been one for Nokias. Pet peeve I guess. My wife is having trouble deciding. Any suggestions? I know the downgrade of hard drive from my current 16gb and I am ok with that. I travel alot and use outlook for work so I need one that will work for what I do and take a beating a little bit too. I also have like 17 xbox live games on my hd7 and want to keep up my gaming.

Thanks in advance.
    My mistaking Lumia 710. I was typing fast and autocorrent changed it.
    speedtouch likes this.
    I recommend the Radar. Best battery life of all WP, ffc for tango calls/skype (when it comes out) and its processor is the same as your hd7 (and mine) but it has an upgraded gpu, so games should run fantastic. The only advantages the 710 have are the clear-black screen, with its excellent direct sunlight visibility, and the Nokia apps. (Drive, ESPN, etc)
    Thanked by:
    5tephen likes this.

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freestaterocker View Post
    I recommend the Radar. Best battery life of all WP, ffc for tango calls/skype (when it comes out) and its processor is the same as your hd7 (and mine) but it has an upgraded gpu, so games should run fantastic. The only advantages the 710 have are the clear-black screen, with its excellent direct sunlight visibility, and the Nokia apps. (Drive, ESPN, etc)
    I concur with this statement. It is extremely accurate. Not to mention I fell in love with the Radar the first time I saw it in person. It's a gorgeous device.
    snowmutt likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,264 Global Posts
    Did you have a problem with a Nokia device in the past? If so, was it highend or lowend Nokia device?

I was Palm guy for many years. I saw videos of the Nokia N8 and decided to give Nokia a try. The N8 is a great phone. I am impressed with Nokia now.

I am waiting now for a the Lumia 900. Myself I would go for the Lumia 710. The Radar also looks like a nice device.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

I picked the Radar due to the build quality. I didn't want a phone that was mostly plastic, so the medal like shell of the Radar is great. I also prefer the capacitive WP buttons compared to the physical buttons of the Lumia. Both do have their advantages though, I just haven't had a chance to use a Lumia yet so I can't give an opinion on that device.

Sent from my Radar 4G using Board Express

Global Posts
    2,527 Global Posts
    I have played with both and prefer the Lumia 710. I think FFC are a gimmick, I never use them. Screen looks nicer on the Lumia. Nokia apps (particularly Drive) are better than the HTC apps. That is what would sway me to the Nokia.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,264 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    ... I think FFC are a gimmick, I never use them.... .
    I thought the same thing when I bought my Nokia N8. Last year my my wife and I were in France and used Orange SIM cards. When you go to make a regular call you get a choice between voice and video call. The video calling worked great through Orange 3G. If it's setup through the carrier it's a nice feature. I don't know if any US carrier plans on adding it anytime soon.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    2,090 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I thought the same thing when I bought my Nokia N8. Last year my my wife and I were in France and used Orange SIM cards. When you go to make a regular call you get a choice between voice and video call. The video calling worked great through Orange 3G. If it's setup through the carrier it's a nice feature. I don't know if any US carrier plans on adding it anytime soon.
    Did it cost more for the video call? I can only imagine what the US carriers would charge if they were to introduce that feature.
    palandri likes this.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Well Tmobile screwed up. They said they wont replace my phones and if they do I have to pay a charge. The signal has been crappy and all so I switched. I am getting an HD7S from ATT for 1 penny and my wife is getting a Samsung Captivate for a penny as she always liked Android more, its a good phone for a great price. Cant argue with her is you know. I liked my HD7 and the better screen on the S will be worth the penny.

Now if I was to not want the HD7S, whats an equvialent on ATT, as I have 30 days to exchange it for another device according to the reps I talked to. I know the Titan but I am not dishing out 200 bucks for a phone like my HD7 in size even though it is more powerful. Would I be better off waiting till my upgrade to get the Titan II or whatever else comes out in the future?

Does anyone know how to transfer saved games? I just got the Porshe 911 GT3 RS unlocked on NFS Hot Pursuit and it took forever to unlock and dont want to lose it. And of course my Bug Village.

Thanks for the excellent feedback.

and FYI on the Nokias, they were older Nokias before smartphones. So I could say that I am not comparing apples to apples so I am open to suggestions.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Edit: There's no way of transfer game saves that I know us. So I lost all my progress in Fruit Ninja and Angry birds. Some of those Angry Birds levels got beaten by pure luck so I haven't touch the game again :(

You are in the best carrier now. The HD7s will hold you off fine until march when this bad boys come out.

HTC Titan II

LTE,4.7 display, 16MegaPixel Camera!!!!

Nokia 900

LTE, 4.3 Clearblack Amoled display, CarlZeiss lens.
    Last edited by Winterfang; 02-07-2012 at 07:44 AM.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,264 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinestars1Z View Post
    Did it cost more for the video call? I can only imagine what the US carriers would charge if they were to introduce that feature.
    Good question, I am not sure. I would imagine it does, maybe a few more cents per minute, but I am not sure, I never checked. We were there for 10 days. I put 60 euros on my wife's SIM card, knowing she would be calling relatives everyday. She still had like 20 euros left on the card at the end of the trip. We used the video calling whenever we could. It's a nice feature if you want to show somebody something you found.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    Edit: There's no way of transfer game saves that I know us. So I lost all my progress in Fruit Ninja and Angry birds. Some of those Angry Birds levels got beaten by pure luck so I haven't touch the game again :(

You are in the best carrier now. The HD7s will hold you off fine until march when this bad boys come out.

HTC Titan II

Click to view quoted image

LTE,4.7 display, 16MegaPixel Camera!!!!

Nokia 900

Click to view quoted image

LTE, 4.3 Clearblack Amoled display, CarlZeiss lens.
    So i am eligible for an "upgrade" in 1 month on ATT? Thats doesnt sound right.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    What? I never said that lol. Asked what should you get if you hold of on your upgrade and I show you the new goodies :P. I don't even know what an upgrade means.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    What? I never said that lol. Asked what should you get if you hold of on your upgrade and I show you the new goodies :P. I don't even know what an upgrade means.
    I am sure it will cost 200+ dollars for the Titan II if it comes out in a month. For a phone it isnt worth it.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    The Lumia 900 may be just 99$ dollars. Surely can be that bad.

Global Posts
    2,090 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk7188 View Post
    I am sure it will cost 200+ dollars for the Titan II if it comes out in a month. For a phone it isnt worth it.
    Yeah the 900 might be $99. Also, if the Titan II is $199, then we can assume the original Titan will drop to $99.

I really like my Radar. I'm on the monthly 4G plan. I like the FFC and use it with Tango to video call my parents with my son. He loves seeing his grandparents instead of just hearing them.

Nice build quality, good call quality, nice 4G speed.

Global Posts
    2,145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CobaltDragon View Post
    I really like my Radar. I'm on the monthly 4G plan. I like the FFC and use it with Tango to video call my parents with my son. He loves seeing his grandparents instead of just hearing them.

Nice build quality, good call quality, nice 4G speed.
    Since you're on the Monthly 4G plan, take a look over at Calling Mart for refills. No tax, no fees, get your PIN in an email, and get referral points from others who buy there (when you give them your link). Alpinestars1Z introduced me to them. If you're going to order for them, I'd be *real* thankful if you used my link so that I get a little credit points.
    Lumia 635
    alpinestars1z likes this.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinestars1Z View Post
    Yeah the 900 might be $99. Also, if the Titan II is $199, then we can assume the original Titan will drop to $99.
    The original Focus has dropped to $49 while the Focus S is $199. I would think it might drop more, or honestly less. Focus was out a couple years, current Titan what 6 months? I would take a shot at 149 with a 50 dollar mail in rebate after the Titan II.
    alpinestars1z likes this.

Global Posts
    2,090 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Since you're on the Monthly 4G plan, take a look over at Calling Mart for refills. No tax, no fees, get your PIN in an email, and get referral points from others who buy there (when you give them your link). Alpinestars1Z introduced me to them. If you're going to order for them, I'd be *real* thankful if you used my link so that I get a little credit points.
    Haha, spreading the love, eh? :P
    speedtouch likes this.
    It's already been announced. The 900 will be $99/2 year contract. If you don't want to settle for the HD7S, the Samsung Focus Flash is a great midrange device and I think it's $50/2 year. I would wait for the 900... It's only 5 weeks away!

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Well let's just see what's going to be announced later this month. Probably the Lumia 1000.

An apollo Nokia device with:

Quad-core processor
    HD Clearblack Amoled resolution
    20MP Carl Seiz camera
    8MP front facing camera
    Half as slim as the RAZR
    6000m Battery
    1TB harddrive
    4GB ram
    Waterproof
    Shock proof
    Comes out in all colors in all carriers.
    5tephen likes this.

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Well let's just see what's going to be announced later this month. Probably the Lumia 1000.

An apollo Nokia device with:

Quad-core processor
    HD Clearblack Amoled resolution
    20MP Carl Seiz camera
    8MP front facing camera
    Half as slim as the RAZR
    6000m Battery
    1TB harddrive
    4GB ram
    Waterproof
    Shock proof
    Comes out in all colors in all carriers.
    HAH! If only this was the case. Problem is, with that 1TB of storage this phone would be too expensive for my tastes lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast