Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Seketh

Is there not the capability to email a link to a document in a sky drive account directly from the WP7 Office app??? Am I missing something?

Can we only email from the Sky Drive app???

You can share Word, Excel and Powerpoint documents. You can't however share PDF because it's using the Adobe app, which, in one word, is crap.

Hopefully Windows Phone 8 will bring native PDF support.
    Thanked by:
    campbellc likes this.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    The Adobe app is the slowest thing in the world. That company needs to die already.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    I keep the Adobe app installed for the rare occasion that I have to use it. I hope I don't have to use it.

Global Posts
    2,094 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    The Adobe app is the slowest thing in the world. That company needs to die already.
    But they make Photoshop and other stuffs.

I hate Flash though. If my desktop browser ever crashes (although rare), 99% of the time it's because of Flash.

Global Posts
    2,146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    No kidding. I wish Foxit would come out with the Foxit Reader on WP7. Their PDF reader program for Windows is fantastic.
    Lumia 635

Global Posts
    2,094 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    No kidding. I wish Foxit would come out with the Foxit Reader on WP7. Their PDF reader program for Windows is fantastic.
    I know, right?

For anyone who doesn't know, this is why Adobe Reader on Windows is so huge and has updates all the time:

howardhus comments on The ISO PDF Standard hasn't been updated since 2008. So WTF does Adobe Reader have to update every week?
    Last edited by alpinestars1Z; 02-07-2012 at 08:11 PM.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Seketh View Post
    You can share Word, Excel and Powerpoint documents. You can't however share PDF because it's using the Adobe app, which, in one word, is crap.

Thanks. I wasn't aware of this. Unfortunately 90% of my work documents that I uploaded to Sky Drive are in PDF format. Oh well, the app negates this issue anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seketh View Post
    And the ability to pin PDF files to the Start screen.

Also, in Office on WP7, It says "directories: phone" since when could you store documents on the phone? it would be nice. Seems like the only way is to download it to the phone and use it from there. It would be nice if we could load it up manually like in winmo.

Though I do use skydrive only when i have to.

+1 on the hating of Adobe's app. We need either native support or an app that WORKS.