download pictures to pc

lbgator

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I will admit up front this is my first smartphone. I love but at the same time trying to figure out how it all works. I took some pictures and thought it would be a simple process to download them to my pc. So I followed the instructions by pluging in the phone to the pc > zune opens > I try to drag and drop but nothing shows up.

The only way I have been able to get the pictures on the pc is by using the skydrive program. So I upload them to skydrive and then download them to my pc but I know that's just a work around for something that I should be able to do easily.

Also now that I have used skydrive when I tap my pictures tile it opens and there is now an album that says mobile uploads from skydrive and I can't delete it. I have deleted the pics that are in it from the phone but apparently not or they are not in the phone but just linked to from skydrive?

Any help here I would appreciate it.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

Your pictures should normally appear in your pictures folder on your PC lbgator, have you checked in there after checking your sync options on the Zune software ? (Settings)

You can also install the SkyDrive app which may help you use SkyDrive a little more easily.

SkyDrive App

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/ad543082-80ec-45bb-aa02-ffe7f4182ba8

Oh and welcome along to WPCentral lbgator. :)

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine show up in the "My Pictures" folder inside a subfolder titled "From Insert Phone Name Here". Every time I sync my phone they get copied into it.

lbgator

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
this is what I am doing. I plug the phone it and zune opens. There is an icon of the phone lower left. click on that and it gives my phone name and the icon changes to a pc icon. hover and it says you can drag and drop. So I drag a photo over and there is a + sign but when I go back to the pc window no picture. I have no idea where its going or if it has indeed been copied over.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
this is what I am doing. I plug the phone it and zune opens. There is an icon of the phone lower left. click on that and it gives my phone name and the icon changes to a pc icon. hover and it says you can drag and drop. So I drag a photo over and there is a + sign but when I go back to the pc window no picture. I have no idea where its going or if it has indeed been copied over.

Once your phone syncs, open your "My Pictures" folder on your computer. See if there is a folder in there with the name "From (Your phone's name)" on it. If said folder is there, that's where your pictures are. Mine did that automatically. I didn't have to set it up that way.

SeNiLe911

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
After you plug the phone in, look under the icon of the phone. Check the last time it synced. If it hasn't synced in awhile, then run sync. After it syncs, click collection, then pictures and you should see all the picture you took right there in the Zune software. Hope that help...

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

lbgator

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
when the phone starts to sync all the pictures in my pictures folder on the pc start to load on the phone. I have hundreds of pics there and dont' want any of them on the phone. all i am trying to do is take a single pic on phone and download to pc one at a time. i thought i could drag and drop to do that but can't figure it out.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
While this is not a direct reply to the OP, as far as I know the only way to get the full resolution pictures out of the phone is a Zune sync. SkyDrive, email and SMS will reduce the resolution.

lbgator

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I have tried all the correct instructions. In zune I go to collections > pictures > go the my phone and click then the camera roll and click. There are pictures on my phone in the camrea roll but the screen says there are no pictures. So for some reason its not reading the pictures that are there.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
First, before you pug in your phone, go into Zune setting and under Sync, unselect Sync All, or whatever it says, for photos, music and videos. Select the option to choose what gets synced. Now plug in your phone and sync it. Your photos will be in My Pictures/Zune/ whatever phone name is.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

lbgator

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the settings in zune to manuelly download pictures from the phone. I plug in the phone zune opens I click collections I click pictures. On that window bottom left there is a phone icon. Click on that icon it takes you to a window that shows the pictures on the phone. It also has an icon bottom left of the pc which cursor over says to drag and drop individual pictures. I drap a picture over it has a + sign and a spinning wheel shows for a second indicating something has happened.

Go back to the previous window where it shows albums onthe pc, find my phone folder under pictures open and no pictures show up. They don't show up any where.

So either a glich somewhere or it says its copying and doesn't for some reason or its copying to some folder somewhere I can't find.

Any suggestions? Thanks,

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
So, do the following

Open Zune
Click Setting (near the top right)

Make sure you are in the software tab (top three options)
Go to the collections section (left menu).

Note where the files are being stored. Make sure you like those locations. I.E. going to a hard drive with plenty of room!
Make sure "Manage Zune files separately from your Windows Libraries" is disabled.

Hit the back button and get to the Zune main page.

Plug phone into Zune. Sync, either automatically or manually some picture from the Phone to the Computer (what you said you have done so far is fine).

Click Collections at top. Then click Picture.
Look through all the albums on the left. Are the pictures there?

Go look in that folder directly that your previously noted. Can you see them there?

lbgator

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
enahs555, I did everything you suggested and still no pictures transferred. I got a camera roll album to show up but it was empty. The only step I did not do is where you said to " Make sure "Manage Zune files separately from your Windows Libraries" is disabled" I could not find where that was at all. Is in zune or somewhere else? Thanks,

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Mine show up in the "My Pictures" folder inside a subfolder titled "From Insert Phone Name Here". Every time I sync my phone they get copied into it.

Same here. Except mine syncs over wifi. Though maybe I should plug it into the computer...slower charge is better for the battery. Hmm...

lbgator

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed something. I clicked update for the phone and it said " Your phone is up to date. Current phone software version: 7.10 (7740). I thought the current version was 7.5 - maybe that's why I am having trouble.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
7.5 and 7.1 are both "Mango" (7.5 is consumer facing and 7.1 is developer facing, how I understand it) and 7740 is a single rev ahead of the base Mango built, 7720. You're ok there.

lbgator

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I uninstalled and reinstalled zune thinking this would help but no. I still can not download pictures one at a time. I can upload pictures to the phone one at a time but not download.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte