Remove contact suggestions in E-mail

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm using the Windows Live! E-mail client on my Nokia 710. When I compose a new message, in the To: field, it automatically suggests contacts when I type in something. How do I get rid of some of the contacts that it tries to suggest. Those contacts are old and invalid. I also tried the settings in Settings->People->"filter my contact list" but it doesn't work.

Thanks.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Those are contacts in your Live address book. Delete them in Windows Live and they will disappear from your phone.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Speebs

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I really hope MS cleans this up soon. I have duplicate entries in there, presumably from contacts that are linked from 2 different sources and list the same email address. It's very annoying to scroll through a list of 10 email addresses when there are actually only 3 unique ones in the list. The other annoying thing is that you can't type someone's nickname and have it suggest their email addresses- then what's the point of the nickname field??

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
You can join addresses from two (or more) different sources to eliminate the duplicity.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies...but doesn't work. I checked my Windows Live account to see if the people I want to remove are in my address book, they are not. I checked the Outlook address book as well, they are not there. Oh well.... Thanks. :confused:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb