3rd Party notification icons on lock screen

weezywally

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone desperately needs it. If I wake up in the middle on the night and want to see what I have received I just want to quickly glimpse at the lock screen instead of having to swipe and then scroll down my list on pinned apps.

Anyone else agree? I wouldn't mind a full on notification center either when swiping left either.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
While theoretically not a bad idea, I have 160 third party apps, and probably 10-15 of them provide notifications. How do you determine which ones appear on the Lock screen and how are they displayed. Can get cumbersome. Wouldn't mind the swipe right (display left) from Start screen though. Then you wouldn't have to open the app with the notification tile to find out what the notification displayed.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

crg28

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Now that webOS is open source, MS should just go ahead and implement wesOS notification system into WP!

Now that would be a HUGE step in the right direction.....non-obstrusive swipable notifications with a front flash led notification to boot!

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Now that webOS is open source, MS should just go ahead and implement wesOS notification system into WP!

Now that would be a HUGE step in the right direction.....non-obstrusive swipable notifications with a front flash led notification to boot!

Heck yes!! That would be wonderful. It would solve *all* notification issues on WP7. Now if only we could get an LED notification on our phones...

Speebs

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
While theoretically not a bad idea, I have 160 third party apps, and probably 10-15 of them provide notifications. How do you determine which ones appear on the Lock screen and how are they displayed. Can get cumbersome. Wouldn't mind the swipe right (display left) from Start screen though. Then you wouldn't have to open the app with the notification tile to find out what the notification displayed.

Just display them all on the lock screen as they come in, in one row on the bottom, which can be scrolled through left-right if there are so many that they go off the screen.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Windows 8 supports third party notification icons on the lock screen for a fixed number of apps (i think it's like 8 or 10). I'd say its a sure bet we'll get something similar in Apollo

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Windows 8 supports third party notification icons on the lock screen for a fixed number of apps (i think it's like 8 or 10). I'd say its a sure bet we'll get something similar in Apollo

I'm guessing this as well. They know this is an issue, and I would be surprised if this DOESN'T come with Apollo.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Oh great. Now I have to memorize what each 3/16" tall third party icon represents and figure this out before the Lock screen goes dim. And on the slim chance I do remember, I still have to unlock the screen, scroll through my tiles, open the app with the notification and figure out what they were trying to tell me. And on the notification light. Between email, texts and third party notifications, my light would be be blinking about 60% of the day. Maybe more. Think my light for missed calls works great right now. Just enough.

Will use my stock statement from the WinMo days though. As long as I can toggle the feature off, and using it does not have any negative impact on device performance, then go for it.

3ibs

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I'll be happy if/when WhatsApp and a Twitter add lock screen notifications which you can use as one of the 5 options at the bottom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb