Help out a new WP user (not me!) with Zune issues

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Morning all,

A friend of mine has just bought her first WP phone - a Lumia 710. However, she's having some grief with it and I can't help her out as she's using the Zune software and I have a Mac so use WP Connector. I've cut and pasted the problem she's having below - has anyone got any idea what the problem might be here?

"I basically connected phone to computer for the first time last night, downloaded Zune software and set up. Two issues I'm not sure if are related: It won't link my phone only guest sync and takes me back to start screen to add phone name and check for updates before not changing relationship and doesn't give me any new pages or setting options. And it will show all my media (only mp3s I'm trying to add) in the collections but I drag and drop to sync with phone and nothing, right click to sync. Still nothing. It's less than 6gb of unprotected mp3s not video or photos and it will not sync, automatically or manually. Any ideas??"

Thanks in advance!

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi Pronk, there's a thread about this problem in the Zune forum, it seems forgetting the phone worked for some but not others.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/zune/176578.htm

Jay also said he reset his phone worked. It seems a bit drastic but it's never happened to me so not sure about fixes.

Others tried this and had no success as mentioned in the thread below.

Change Sync Relationship - Microsoft Answers

Hopefully someone will be along soon that has actually successfully changed the relationship.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I'd suggest she goes into Zune's settings and to "my devices" or whatever it's called (sorry no copy of Zune in front of me to check!) If a device is showing up there she should tell Zune to 'forget' it, then restart the PC. There's a chance this fixes the issue as what I think has happened is Zune has gone to set up a full relationship with the device and hit an error, so it syncs with the phone as a guest but has a "phantom" sync relationship set up which is preventing a new one being created.

This is a guess I'll be honest, as I haven't encountered it myself, but let us know how she gets on

Edit: Oh, and make sure she is using the cable which came with the Lumia 710 and not some other one, bad USB cables cause all kinds of **** with Zune...

blackhawk7188

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
When I am at work I am a guest but it lets me sync my HD7 since my home pc is where it is linked to. Its weird. Is the memory possibly maxed out or converting the mp3 files for fit?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3