replacing phones and backup

en0x#AC

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I need to replace my htc radar 4g and i wonder.

if I make a backup of my current radar and will try to restore it to my new htc radar will everything be fine? or this is not allowed?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

Everthing will be backed up apart from app settings, sms's and your game saves.

(Music, Videos, Photos will be backed up)

You can reinstall all the apps you previously purchased from the Marketplace from Zune or online via windowsphone.com

If you logon to windowsphone.com with the Live ID that you used to setup your phone you can verify all your contacts are there too.

Go to 'My phone' then 'Account' will list all your app history.

Welcome along to WPCentral en0xusa :)

en0x#AC

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I just wonder if i can restore a backup from previous radar to new radar and it won't have any issues...

Thanks for the info TheWeeBear

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
You're welcome. :)

I'm not sure about that en0xusa, if Zune will see it as a new device or not.

Hopefully someone can confirm if they have done this with a new device of the same type or not for you. :)

blackhawk7188

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I just wonder if i can restore a backup from previous radar to new radar and it won't have any issues...

Thanks for the info TheWeeBear

From switching from my HD7 to HD7S I can say depends what you backed up. If it is just music vids and pics, just plug in the device and resync. Thats what I did and it worked great, took a couple hours for 9.5 gb of data. Even add more music like I did at the same time. Nothing else can be backed up so good luck. Hope this helps.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi there, apologies for kickstarting this thread here, but im about to replace my HTC Mozart on Orange here with the same handset due to a cracked screen this morning... im pretty sure how the restore/back up thing is going to happen (using the Reinstaller app etc) but via my Windowsphone.com account I cant seem to see if my contacts that I linked on the handset (ie adding multiple cards/emails/social networks to one account card for a contact) will be reproduced when i re-sync things tomorrow... am i going to have to re-link those accounts the long way on the handset upon restarting the new phone?? many of my contacts obviously have multiple windows live/facebook/twitter accounts as you may suspect.

Also, and somewhat more importantly, after i sync for a final time all media tomorrow/tonight is it wise to RESET the phone back to factory settings/wiping all data etc when i hand my phone back to the courier during the exchange? Without the sim, i notice the phone is still 'live' with all login's + apps + media still accessible...basically all that access to my social media accounts. I wasn't told to reset when i hand it over but would you think its a good idea?

Any help much appreciated!

anon(5339784)

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I need to replace my htc radar 4g and i wonder.

if I make a backup of my current radar and will try to restore it to my new htc radar will everything be fine? or this is not allowed?
I don't think that works, yet. It has been announced that a proper backup -> transfer to new phone feature will come with Apollo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss