Unable to load some websites when only on data connection

Billone

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
HTC Titan on AT&T in the far west Chicago suburbs, on a "4g" connection. When I'm off of wireless, there are some websites that I cannot load in my IE browser. As soon as I turn on wireless, the sites load without a problem. I've been in several locations around here, seeing this issue, so it's not just one bad cell tower.

My wife has an older iPhone on att (either a 3 or 3g) and she can load the sites from her data connection, so it's not a full AT&T issue, although it could be an "AT&T 4g" issue.

2 examples of sites that I have problems loading: go4ivy.com and qcenter.com

I realize that this may not be a WP7 issue, but I have a few questions...

Has anyone else seen ths issue, with the AT&T data connection unable to load some web sites?

Can anyone, especially anyone in the Chicago area on AT&T 4g (not LTE), try to access the websites I've listed and let me know whether or not you can access the sites when only on a data connection?

Is there any type of "ping" utility or some other utility that I could use in WP7, to help track down where the issue lies?

Any ideas for ruling out whether or not this is a WP7 issue?

Assuming this is a local or regional issue with att, any suggestion for reporting this issue to AT&T and actually getting them to fix it?

Thanks for tolerating my AT&T questions

Diamondx_8

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I can't help on loading from Chicago. But I can say my Titan struggles if I use the browser to access Hotmail. Freezes everytime I do. I wonder if it is the Silverlight. Or at least I think that may be how hotmail.com operates.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

rezzet#CB

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
HTC Titan on AT&T in the far west Chicago suburbs, on a "4g" connection. When I'm off of wireless, there are some websites that I cannot load in my IE browser. As soon as I turn on wireless, the sites load without a problem. I've been in several locations around here, seeing this issue, so it's not just one bad cell tower.

My wife has an older iPhone on att (either a 3 or 3g) and she can load the sites from her data connection, so it's not a full AT&T issue, although it could be an "AT&T 4g" issue.

2 examples of sites that I have problems loading: go4ivy.com and qcenter.com

I realize that this may not be a WP7 issue, but I have a few questions...

Has anyone else seen ths issue, with the AT&T data connection unable to load some web sites?

Can anyone, especially anyone in the Chicago area on AT&T 4g (not LTE), try to access the websites I've listed and let me know whether or not you can access the sites when only on a data connection?

Is there any type of "ping" utility or some other utility that I could use in WP7, to help track down where the issue lies?

Any ideas for ruling out whether or not this is a WP7 issue?

Assuming this is a local or regional issue with att, any suggestion for reporting this issue to AT&T and actually getting them to fix it?

Thanks for tolerating my AT&T questions
On my titan, I can't seem to be able to load mobile ikea website. Anyone has the same issue? I also noticed may of my work sites also fail to load. I think its's IE9 issue.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I cannot load go4ivy.com and qcenter.com on a mobile data connection. I also noticed last night that wisegeek.com won't load either. I was able to load m.ikea.us though. I am on AT&T.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa