IM messaging using secondary hotmail account

anthonb

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to IM using the secondary MSN account in the messaging app? My phone seems to only use the primary account (the one assigned to the phone at the first start-up). Thanks everyone! Loving the windows Phone 7 experience thus far!!!

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
There isn't a way built in. You would need to have a 3rd party messenger with windows live (which I'm not sure there are any) and log in / chat from there.

Maybe they will add that later, but I doubt it since your phone is tied to a single live account. Maybe they will add the ability to tie live accounts together, like email forwarding.

anthonb

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Oh. That's really unfortunate. Just like you said, I haven't found any 3rd party apps to help. For example, IM+ doesn't have MSN as an account that can be added. :/ If anyone else has a suggestion, please post it.

anthonb

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much. Before you mentioned it, I had already downloaded it but completely forgot I can use it for msn.*feels retarded* Lol Im new to WP but so far...Im in LOVE! Makes me wonder...How come it is so under rated? The OS is beautiful! :) Happy with my purchase.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much. Before you mentioned it, I had already downloaded it but completely forgot I can use it for msn.*feels retarded* Lol Im new to WP but so far...Im in LOVE! Makes me wonder...How come it is so under rated? The OS is beautiful! :) Happy with my purchase.

The OS isn't underrated by any who have used it, its just hard to get people to TRY something so different from what they are used to; which is the same icon paradigm thats been around since the original GUI. Once you get somebody to try it they usually like it. Not everybody does, but most do. Look at the ratings of all the windows phones on Amazon & Carriers sites. Almost always in top seed for satisfaction. And many of those are 'old & dated hardware' phones like the Focus, Trophy ect.

Its a long term move by MS and it will pay off, it just takes time. The second half of this year you'll see much more happen. Apollo update with new specs, windows 8 release ect.

anthonb

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Lol I have an old and dated phone. The focus. I really hope I get the Apollo update. I don't intend on buying any new phones soon. :( To be honest, I think the focus can run a few updates. The OS doesn't look like it is hardware demanding, or as demanding like other OS, for example Android. Btw, I'm NOT bashing Android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6