Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Best WP for music? (tell us why below)

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • HTC Titan

    0 0%
  • Samsung Focus S

    2 10.53%
  • HTC Surround

    3 15.79%
  • Samsung Focus

    1 5.26%
  • HTC Titan 2 (Foresight)

    0 0%
  • Lumia 800

    1 5.26%
  • Lumia 900 (Foresight)

    4 21.05%
  • Other (tell us below)

    0 0%
  • I can't tell the difference, all seem great

    7 36.84%
  • I always choose the last option on the list

    2 10.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Verkunder
  1. Neibl's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    178 Posts
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
       #1  
    I am a big zune pass user, as I bet alot of you are and I spend the vast majority of my time on my phone using the music hub. I have a samsung focus and an HTC surround and both seem to have pros/cons for music listening, but for the most part I am not expert enough to make a distinction. HTC has the equalizer app for dolby mobile digital and SRS enhancements.

    That was little back story, but going forward, which phone do you think is or will be the best WP for music?

    (I want to include the Titan 2 and Lumia 900 in this discussion for future purchase reasons, think it will be helpful to hear peoples opinions on these devices)
    TO APOLLO AND BEYOND...
  2. Judge_Daniel's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    713 Posts
    #2  
    Between the Trophy and the Focus, I much prefer the Focus when using headphones. It recognizes the skip track command from the headphones and the headphones themselves are much better. The "Sound Enhancer" app on the Trophy is neat and all, but it sometimes just sounds bad. Nokia sounds like they have their act together when it comes with audio, though. I can't wait to try a Lumia out.

    Carrier: Verizon Wireless
    Phones: HTC 8X & HTC Trophy & Samsung Focus
    PC:Dell Studio XPS 1640

    My app: Plant Guide

    Spitfire 4.0, my HTC Imagio, rest in peace.
  3. Verkunder's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    342 Posts
    #3  
    The best WP for music, why...

    The Fujitsu IS12T, of course! 32g storage!
    threed61 and speedtouch like this.
  4. rezzet#CB's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Neibl View Post
    I am a big zune pass user, as I bet alot of you are and I spend the vast majority of my time on my phone using the music hub. I have a samsung focus and an HTC surround and both seem to have pros/cons for music listening, but for the most part I am not expert enough to make a distinction. HTC has the equalizer app for dolby mobile digital and SRS enhancements.

    That was little back story, but going forward, which phone do you think is or will be the best WP for music?

    (I want to include the Titan 2 and Lumia 900 in this discussion for future purchase reasons, think it will be helpful to hear peoples opinions on these devices)
    Well, HTC Surround was specifically built for sound quality with a slide out speaker. If you don't mind previous generation phone, it' probably a good way to go for what you are looking for. The rest of the phones, while still good on sound, don't particularly jump out at me.
  5. Neibl's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    178 Posts
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge_Daniel View Post
    Between the Trophy and the Focus, I much prefer the Focus when using headphones. It recognizes the skip track command from the headphones and the headphones themselves are much better. The "Sound Enhancer" app on the Trophy is neat and all, but it sometimes just sounds bad. Nokia sounds like they have their act together when it comes with audio, though. I can't wait to try a Lumia out.
    I agree that the sound enhancer app just sounds bad sometimes. Switching to the Focus from my Surround has been a pleasure for two reasons. First I don't have to worry about the enhancer app which strangely comforts me to not think I am on the wrong setting while driving, and second I have 32gb card in it that works great so 36gb free storage is hard to go away from.

    I am leaning towards a titan 2 next month tho, unless nokia has some pretty amazing music quality, which they might.
    TO APOLLO AND BEYOND...
  6. gtg465x's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    #6  
    From experience, the Titan has a little better sound quality than the Focus S and Lumia 800.
  7. selfcreation's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,288 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    #7  
    the question should be; What EARPHONEs should i buy to get good sound quality?

    phones don't matter, its all the same ,

    PS: I always choose the last option on the list, lol
    Last edited by Se1fcr3ation; 02-17-2012 at 02:56 PM.
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

  8. steve70's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    105 Posts
    #8  
    I personally love my Skullcandy Titans. (no mic) Great bass, sound, comfort and price. Came w/a nice little case, I added a lanyard to hook to my belt loop for easy carry.

    Sent from my TiTaN WP7 using Board Express
  9. threed61's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    368 Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Se1fcr3ation View Post
    the question should be; What EARPHONEs should i buy to get good sound quality?

    phones don't matter, its all the same ,

    PS: I always choose the last option on the list, lol
    Klipsch S4's!
  10. Odeira.Oloap's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    17 Posts
    #10  
    I just need my Windows Phone to have great bass output. My current one (HTC HD7) has good-to-great bass output. But from personal XP, it's really with the appendage you put on your ears.

    Get the Titan, I suppose.

    Oh, and get a nice pair of ear- / head- phones. Like the Klipsch S4. Or whatever new Monster has.




  11. jmerrey's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,608 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,620 Global Posts
    #11  
    If you are planning on using a set of headphones with a wp7 compatible controller, skip the focus s. The next track/previous track doesn't work. You can occasionally get the pause to work, but it's very hit and miss.
  12. jfa1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,335 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,414 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by steve70 View Post
    I personally love my Skullcandy Titans. (no mic) Great bass, sound, comfort and price. Came w/a nice little case, I added a lanyard to hook to my belt loop for easy carry.

    Sent from my TiTaN WP7 using Board Express
    Nices shoes old school even!
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!
  13. mattpga's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    #13  
    anything but an HTC, as mine still crashes on track 4 all the time.
  14. jeremyshaw's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    602 Posts
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    #14  
    For me, my focus still has better audio output quality via the 3.5mm jack, vs the htc Titan, and the Samsung focus S (I've had both, eventually went back to my focus). Using ath-m50s cans, here.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattpga View Post
    anything but an HTC, as mine still crashes on track 4 all the time.
    huh? I get no crashes at all on my HD7. Now for the topic it doesn't matter, they're all good but I would probably say any HTC because of sound enhancer and beats audio whenever they decide to bring it to WP.

Posting Permissions