February is Fitness Month Week 3 and 4

coffeemike

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Shortstuff - Mashed cauliflower is on my list of things to try. I made chicken creole last night and used cauliflower rice instead - it worked out really well. (My extremely picky stepson LOVED the veggies. Which is rare. Gotta do that more.)

coffeemike

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
The healthy eating hits keep on coming. (Well, almost healthy. This has bacon.)

Brussels sprouts have gotten such a bad rap. Really, they're quite good, if handled properly, and I'm betting that's not how your mom served them growing up.

Wash a bunch of sprouts, pull off the loose old outer leaves, trim off the bottom, and halve the sprouts. Dice an onion. Render a handful of bacon in a large skillet until crispy; remove and reserve. Turn up the heat to high and add the sprouts and onion. Toss in the hot skillet and cook until seared and turning brown. Remove from heat; stir in reserved bacon. Serve hot. The sweetness from the bacon balances the slightly bitter note of the sprouts, but only slightly bitter; browning them helps bring out the natural sugars inside. Easy to eat. Happy eating!

cbarretopy

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Good iniciative

To encourage people to get healthier is a very good iniciative.

Currently im trying to lose some weight and get healthier. The plan that i follow include:
- Workout: play basketball for 20-30 minutes every day.
- Food: try not to eat bread when possible. Also, instead of drinking juice drink only water.

I would really like to win the xbox+kinect and use it to play with my father so he can do some exercise everyday.

Good luck to all with their fitness plans.

Thanks.

coffeemike

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's chicken and a salad for dinner tonight, so not really a cheat meal. (Pressure cooker coq au vin - more on that later.)

To take this in a slightly different direction - what tools could my WP have to help me keep to my resolution?

* More community fitness apps. Think along the lines of the UP! app or The Eatery from Massive Health on iOS - places where I can share my workouts and meals, join teams, and get boosts from my "team". I'm not as up on things like Runkeeper, so this may be covered for exercise, but I'd like to see more than Foodspotting for food.

* I don't even know how to manage the back-end of this, but I'd like something built in alongside visual search that let me take a snapshot of a few ingredients (or perhaps the bar code on ingredients, kind of skews to processed foods) and suggests recipes from those ingredients.

Other thoughts?

paulbram

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
The healthy eating hits keep on coming. (Well, almost healthy. This has bacon.)

Almost??? Bacon is precicely what makes it healthy!!! lol

Seriously, I've had more bacon/eggs/meat etc this last month than I have in a long time. A big juicy steak + loads of veggies is a WONDERFULLY healthy meal!

Ok. Moment of truth. I started at 212 4 weeks ago. This morning I weighed myself at 196
!!!! YEAH BABY! :D

16 pounds in one month, with no signs of slowing down.

I am now the biggest Paleo ****** ever (don't worry, still a bigger Windows Phone ******) and I have zero intention of stopping this! I'm eating better than ever, food tastes better than ever, and no longer do I have to feel guilty about eating fatty foods that my body craves and needs!

Rock on!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes