Question re: phone repairs

M

mkr10001

I'm sending my lumia 800 to my network for "repair" (not sure what they are going to do though as as far as i'm aware there is no definitive cause for the issue) due to the shocking battery life. Light user is eating away at battery craaaazzzyily.

I got this email from them today

I've now booked your phone in for repair. We will send you out a pre-paid repairs envelope, please allow up to 5 days for delivery of this.

If you have any content on your phone, like contacts or pictures, save them to your SIM card, memory card or computer as these may be lost during repair. For help doing this check your user guide. Then remove your SIM, memory card and the back cover of your phone, you'll need to keep these for your repaired phone. Please make sure you send your battery and charger with your phone, they'll need to be wrapped up safely to avoid any damage. It normally takes three to five working days for your phone to be repaired and returned, working days exclude weekends and bank holidays. If we can't repair your phone within warranty you may be charged a fee. We'll send you a letter explaining this and what to do next. We will try our best to repair your phone, but may exchange it with a refurbished one of the same or higher value and of a different make or colour.

Am I being unreasonable asking them to NOT give me an old refurbished handset (especially in a different colour or make) that someone else either broke or didn't want? I'm paying ?30/m for this...do I not deserve a brand new working handset? :/

blackhawk7188

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
It does say in the warranty contracts that yes they can send a comparable models but in most cases you get what you had. Why didnt you go through Nokia for the manufactures replacement instead of through your carrier. They would probably replace free of charge with a new one. Just guessing there.

M

mkr10001

It does say in the warranty contracts that yes they can send a comparable models but in most cases you get what you had. Why didnt you go through Nokia for the manufactures replacement instead of through your carrier. They would probably replace free of charge with a new one. Just guessing there.

Wouldn't a generic nokia one not have all the carried customisation? Apps shortcuts to my account and stuff like that.

Also not sure how 3 would like me sending one of "their" phones off to nokia. Possibly some warranty issues there. I'd better get the same one back though. Won't be happy if I get someone else's old cast off. Like I said I didn't pay for a refurbished handset. I'm paying ?30 a month for brand new

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
well first of all, if you get a refurbish phone chances are its not more then 1 month old.

ALSO! , when a NEW phone comes out and they say your getting a refurbish, they normally mean a NEW phone, because the phone is too NEW to get a refurbish. ( they dont have refurbish once yet )

sadly all company give refurbish phones now (with smartphones ) i think RIM (BlackBerry) is the only company still repairing/giving new phones.

the ODDS of you getting a different Phone with different colors are VERY SMALL!

you say your paying ?30/m for this , well your not ,
your paying that to talk and use the internet and w/e... you already paid for the phone. :S

i know when you send your car in for repair you expect to get the same car back ( LOL )

but some times with cellphones they cant determine he problem meaning they CANT fix the problem , so they send you a refurbish one.

the reasons its not a new one , is 20pages long , but it has to do with policy's and OEM's/Carriers losing ALLOT of cash due to you getting your phone at a discounted price.

it might not make sens to you , but it does make sens unfortunately.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb