How often does Facebook / contacts update?

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I accepted a friend request about 11am UK time and it is still not visible in "Friends" in Facebook app and the FB friend is not visible in my phone contacts.
I wanted to link it to the phone number for the contact I already had saved on phone.

I logged out of the FB app and still neither updated.
Any idea how long it takes to update with new friends? I don't recall having this issue before. :confused:

M

mkr10001

I have a feeling it does it when the email account of your windows live id syncs...I could be mistaken.

I have had troubles in the past with twitter syncing new followers/followees

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Just tried my live mail account and it has imported the FB contact, still not appearing on phone for some reason.
I guess I will have to wait...it's weird that even the FB doesn't list the contact under the friends area but has the stuff about the contact in news feed and notifications.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I believe a background task does that, and if that's the case it's twice an hour at most unless Microsoft allows its own built in tasks to break the rules.

Facebook data is not pushed in over ActiveSync. It comes from a Web Service at the Windows Live servers. That's where that data is pushed from.

It goes from Facebook to Windows Live via that connection, and then to your Phone. Twitter and LinkedIn are the same.

9pearl25

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Once or twice a week.

Bharat Sharma

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello dear

Do following steps
Press windows key
> go to start
>then go to people
>press menu key
> go to settings
>scroll your settings list
>now tap and hold the account you want to sync
>now click on synchronise option

It will take some time to complite this process. And it will work 100%:grin::grin:
Tnks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon