Hide Facebook Contacts from New Text?

j_hall_in

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
My wife has the Samsung Focus Flash. She's set it up to link with her Facebook account, but we've gone in through the "People" options in settings to filter her contact list to only include Windows Live contacts. This is fine for her contact list, but whenever she goes to write a new text message and starts typing in a name it shows suggested contacts from her facebook account.

This has become really annoying because while trying to type her sister "Steph" (st) - someone she never even ever talkes to "James Stewart" from her facebook account shows up. This is kind of annoying (no James Stewart is not in her contact list and no her Windows Live and facebook accounts are not connected).

Is there a way to turn this off or is this a 'bug' with Windows Phone?

donnydonny#WP

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Quoted from the People hub Settings:

"You can hide contacts from accounts you'd rather not see. They'll still show up when you search."

So... it's not a bug and what you're experiencing is expected behavior. Is it any less of a problem for you? No.

I can see the logic behind this. For example, I may not want to see all of my Facebook contacts when scrolling through who I want to call, but I would definitely want to be able to easily send them an IM. I understand the annoyance of your specific case, but to me, the benefits of this feature outweigh the annoyance.

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Same here, I love having only my Outlook contacts shown in the list while having the option to search for everybody when I need to. So I applaud the functionallity. But if it really to annoying the only option would be to delete the facebook account from the phone and use the app instead. But all integration is lost then.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
She can always go the other route, go to person then action instead of action then person. It's a shift in thinking and I admit to sometimes falling back into the old habit as well. WP7 is designed for you to think "I want to communicate with Bill" not "I want to send a text".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs