Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Global Posts
    545 Global Posts
    Seriously, I'm so sick of AT&T. I know they could've released this weeks ago, but we still don't even have a date?

Anyone have any news on when my Focus S will be receiving this update?

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.
    Baka and Mr_pither like this.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    :mad: NODO II - The Wrath of AT&T :mad:
    at&t fired up LTE in my area only 1 year later than promised!
    Thanked by:
    aubreyq and threed61 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_pither View Post
    :mad: NODO II - The Wrath of AT&T :mad:
    Awesome.

I am pretty sure AT&T isn't taking their time, as they have completely passed on the update. I don't think WP users will see another update on AT&T until Tango one or two.

Carrier: Verizon Wireless
    Phones: HTC 8X & HTC Trophy & Samsung Focus
    PC:Dell Studio XPS 1640

My app: Plant Guide

Spitfire 4.0, my HTC Imagio, rest in peace.
    Shane likes this.

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    If AT&T has not pushed out 8107 by 3/18 I will have to seriously consider holding off on the N900 (contract renewal) and wait for an unlocked N900-910. Tired of being at the mercy of any thieving carrier. BTW, my keyboard dropped four times while trying to type this.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502
    threed61 and Mr_pither like this.

Good ole at&t and extremely long time to push out updates.
    Current: iPhone 4S
    Past: [Palm] Pre 2, Pre+ - [iPhone] White 3GS 16gb, Black 3G 8gb - [Blackberry] Torch 9800, Onyx 9700, Bold 9000, Pearl 8120 - [Android] HTC Aria - [WM] HTC Fuze, HTC HD7S

I've been blessed on not having the keyboard bug.

I feel everyone's pain. I guess I've had more restraint in waiting for the update. I was with Sprint since 1999, bought the Arrive the day it was released. If I hadn't switched to AT&T, I'd still be waiting on a new phone and stuck with a text limit. I guess the point is in an imperfect world things could be worse. Since they have been forerunning WP7 devices, one would think they would follow suit with updates as well.

Sent from my TiTaN WP7 using Board Express

Global Posts
    1,007 Global Posts
    My 1 ff had the disappearing keyboard, it was unbearable. I had words, and they not only took it back, but gave me the restocking fees credited for all three lines and said if either of the two other lines experience it I can return them as well, and noted the account since it was over 30days.

Not what I wanted but I may be tempted if Nokia will actually GET updates, rather than this bs at&t is pulling. Seriously makes me want to leave at&t like I left sprint. Yes they made an attempt to 'make it right' but it would be a lot better if they just released the damn update.

They don't hassle apple and look how many they sold. How about they allow the largest operating system in the world do something crazy like handle their own damn updates. I mean they seem to do pretty well every other Tuesday on my pc....

Yes I want another windows phone.... Lets see what is said @ mwc

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums

Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Just changing a few words..

Seriously, I'm so sick of T-Mobile UK. I know they could've released this weeks ago, but we still don't even have a date?

Anyone have any news on when my Omnia 7 will be receiving this update?
    My next phone (WP8?) will be unbranded. WP updates have become just as shambolic as Android's.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,299 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam91 View Post
    I've been blessed on not having the keyboard bug.
    It might be because you don't have any background tasks running. There was a youtube video that showed when background tasks are running the keyboard drops.

And I don't understand why AT&T won't get busy on releasing this update. They did the same thing for NoDo and the security update. That's AT&T for you, good at not making the effort unless they have to.
    Banned

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TGBmark1234 View Post
    Just changing a few words..

My next phone (WP8?) will be unbranded. WP updates have become just as shambolic as Android's.
    Just unbrand your phone and be done with it. No need to wait for AT&T.

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBurrrns View Post
    Just unbrand your phone and be done with it. No need to wait for AT&T.
    You can't do that for most of the second Gen phones.
    Banned

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gtg465x View Post
    You can't do that for most of the second Gen phones.
    Well, he has an Omnia 7. And even with 2nd gen. Samsung phones it's no problem.

If you have a Focus S or Flash you can unlock/debrand it here. http://forums.windowscentral.com/focus-s-4g/186719.htm

Global Posts
    2,431 Global Posts
    Is that the same process for the original focus as well?
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!

Global Posts
    1,007 Global Posts
    Hmm, maybe we should put a class action suit against at&t since they have left us vulnerable to security concerns. Microsoft has released the fixes, yet at&t has yet to approve them, thus leaving us vulnerable to attacks.

Can we be preactive rather than reactive?

Microsoft seems to be able to handle security updates to Dell, hp, Asus, acer, etc manufactures every other week, I think they are qualified to handle the update process of a few phones.. I mean time warner doesn't have to approve my windows update every other tuesday...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    kevm14 likes this.

As much as I would love to bash AT&T with the rest of you, the 8107 update for the Titan is still with HTC.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    So what's so greatly different about the AT&T Titan then from my Titan Shane ?

I got 8107 weeks ago. Just curious as to why it's taking so long.

My firmware was also newer that AT&T's when I purchased my Titan.

Surely it can't be far away now, and yes I know, don't call you surely. :D

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeeBear View Post
    So what's so greatly different about the AT&T Titan then from my Titan Shane ?

I got 8107 weeks ago. Just curious as to why it's taking so long.

My firmware was also newer that AT&T's when I purchased my Titan.

Surely it can't be far away now, and yes I know, don't call you surely. :D
    That's a great question! I spoke with both AT&T and HTC.HTC gets the update, does there thing and passes it to AT&T to do there thing. I really believe AT&T's thing is to confirm the changes that HTC made, sometimes at the request of AT&T, like hiding visual voicemail etc. HTC admitted that they are in the process of preparing updates for many different phones. So as AT&T Titan owners, we are not getting the same update as you no branded Titan owners. Yes of course the update will work on our phones but give us things we aren't supposed to have. So is it AT&T or HTC? Its both but HTC is doing the leg work.

Global Posts
    1,325 Global Posts
    ITS NOT AT&T!!! ITS SAMSUNG!!!

this is why i wont buy another samsung device EVER! they are by far the worst with updates, ive said this since day 1. HTC on the other hand, is ver promt. which is why the titan, trophy, arrive, hd7 all have the update... trust me when i say samsung sucks. cheap , lightweight, over rated devices... sorry selfcreation! ha

which is why when i had samsung galaxy phone, i was still running froyo while the rest of the world was running gingerbread , for about 8 months!!!
    WP Central - Super Member
    Xbox Live GamerTag - Bear lx
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Well I guess it'll arive when it arrives Shane. :dry

Perhaps they are also trying extra hard to fix the garbled call problem too.

Anyway hope they (AT&T or HTC) get there soon. :)

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    I think the AT&T Titan is still suck on Mango DizzyMaker (7720), don't think it's even had 7740.
    Perhaps I'm mistaken. (Won't be the first time) :lol:

Global Posts
    1,325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWeeBear View Post
    I think the AT&T Titan is still suck on Mango DizzyMaker (7720), don't think it's even had 7740.
    Perhaps I'm mistaken. (Won't be the first time) :lol:
    well then maybe i am confused on the issue? 8107 is a radio update not a software update right? i believe this is what my trophy got a while back...

and fix a keyboard bug
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    No, 8107 was an OS update that got rid of the disappearing keyboard problem.

Some firmware updates appeared for some phones too when performing this update. :)

The full details below...

Update 7.10.8107.79

On-screen keyboard. Fixes an issue to prevent the keyboard from disappearing during typing.

Email. Fixes a Google mail syncing issue.

Location. Fixes a location access issue. With this fix, the Me feature in the People Hub sends anonymous information about nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers to Microsoft only if you agree to allow the Check In function to access and use location information.

Security. Revokes digital certificates from DigiCert Sdn Bhd to address an encryption issue.

Email threads. Fixes an email issue related to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003. With this fix, when you reply to or forward a message, the original message is now included in your response.

Voicemail. Fixes a voicemail notification display issue that occurs on some European and Asian networks under certain conditions.

Global Posts
    1,325 Global Posts
    ok, i just educated myself here Verizon rolls out radio update for the HTC Trophy

ive never experienecd any major issues, so i dont really need 7740 or 8107... i do however want 8.0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast