Check signal strength?

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Hey,

I was just wondering if there's a way to check the numerical signal strength (in dbm) on WP7. I tend not to trust "bars" and like to know where I'm getting the best (and worst) signal. Thanks!

-mtmjr90

Sent from my HTC Radar using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Don't think so, but bars are pretty useless anyway. How about BandWidth. A great app to test your dl/ul speed. You could have 5 bars and still only muster 0.8Kbps download. I use this app all the time to check my WiFi and 3G speeds.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Don't think so, but bars are pretty useless anyway. How about BandWidth. A great app to test your dl/ul speed. You could have 5 bars and still only muster 0.8Kbps download. I use this app all the time to check my WiFi and 3G speeds.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
Oh yeah I've been using BandWidth... Of course, that's also the reason I'm asking since my "bars" will show full strength pretty much all over town but I get HIGHLY variable speeds from one building to the next=/ Thanks for the response!

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I know this thread is old but does anybody have an answer to this? Just wondering.

Been almost a year since I posted...still haven't found anything:( Maybe someone else has found something?

Edit: just realized this is posted in "Windows Phone 7" forum, maybe if you post in WP8 you might find something new (that is, assuming you've got a WP8 phone)

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of Bandwidth. I am on my 3rd Titan. Ever since I sent back the original I have not been able to find the original bandwidth app. The one with the "s" icon. Anybody know what happened to it?

kklemn

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
is there an app that creates a log file of signal strength? i have some issues with signal loss from time to time, and i would be glad to have that info for my provider.

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3