Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Hey,

I was just wondering if there's a way to check the numerical signal strength (in dbm) on WP7. I tend not to trust "bars" and like to know where I'm getting the best (and worst) signal. Thanks!

-mtmjr90

Sent from my HTC Radar using Board Express
    Current: Lumia 1020 (unlocked, international), Dell Venue Pro 8, Acer Aspire S7 (2013)
    Past: Samsung Focus, HTC Radar, Lumia 710, Lumia 920, HTC 8X, Lumia 521, Lumia 925, Surface RT
    Current non-WP: Nexus 5

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    Don't think so, but bars are pretty useless anyway. How about BandWidth. A great app to test your dl/ul speed. You could have 5 bars and still only muster 0.8Kbps download. I use this app all the time to check my WiFi and 3G speeds.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimski View Post
    Don't think so, but bars are pretty useless anyway. How about BandWidth. A great app to test your dl/ul speed. You could have 5 bars and still only muster 0.8Kbps download. I use this app all the time to check my WiFi and 3G speeds.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    Oh yeah I've been using BandWidth... Of course, that's also the reason I'm asking since my "bars" will show full strength pretty much all over town but I get HIGHLY variable speeds from one building to the next=/ Thanks for the response!

I know this thread is old but does anybody have an answer to this? Just wondering.

Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonof View Post
    I know this thread is old but does anybody have an answer to this? Just wondering.
    Been almost a year since I posted...still haven't found anything:( Maybe someone else has found something?

Edit: just realized this is posted in "Windows Phone 7" forum, maybe if you post in WP8 you might find something new (that is, assuming you've got a WP8 phone)
    Current: Lumia 1020 (unlocked, international), Dell Venue Pro 8, Acer Aspire S7 (2013)
    Past: Samsung Focus, HTC Radar, Lumia 710, Lumia 920, HTC 8X, Lumia 521, Lumia 925, Surface RT
    Current non-WP: Nexus 5

Global Posts
    1,460 Global Posts
    Speaking of Bandwidth. I am on my 3rd Titan. Ever since I sent back the original I have not been able to find the original bandwidth app. The one with the "s" icon. Anybody know what happened to it?

This is effectively the same app, the other was a third party unauthorized API offering...

This one is way better! http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...3-a786808eb49b

is there an app that creates a log file of signal strength? i have some issues with signal loss from time to time, and i would be glad to have that info for my provider.

Thanks!