Confirmed: HTC repair center is garbage.

Stryfeno1

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I had post a while back but here is my story...

HTC Phones are absolutely garbage. I have the HTC Surround and a month ago the touch screen stop working. I sent it to HTC repair center and it got returned with the same exact problem. It looks like all they did was a hard reset so I called them again and they said to send it back.

I send it back and it was working good but and now it randomly freezes and reset itself and when I make a call the person on the other side can't hear me. NEVER, EVER, AGAIN WILL I BUY ANOTHER HTC PHONE. Pure garbage and they should be ashamed. How can a company big as them operate like this?

Can't wait for A NOKIA phone to be release here in the state...If not, I will ditched WP as a whole.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Apart from the small gap in my battery cover which leaves my SIM visible when I have it out of the case I've encountered no issues at all apart from the appallingly short battery life. If I don't TOUCH my phone it lasts about 12 hours before the battery saver kicks in.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I had post a while back but here is my story...

HTC Phones are absolutely garbage. I have the HTC Surround and a month ago the touch screen stop working. I sent it to HTC repair center and it got returned with the same exact problem. It looks like all they did was a hard reset so I called them again and they said to send it back.

I send it back and it was working good but and now it randomly freezes and reset itself and when I make a call the person on the other side can't hear me. NEVER, EVER, AGAIN WILL I BUY ANOTHER HTC PHONE. Pure garbage and they should be ashamed. How can a company big as them operate like this?

Can't wait for A NOKIA phone to be release here in the state...If not, I will ditched WP as a whole.
Samsung is out of the question, huh?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
HTC is suppose to announce the HTC One X on Monday: 1.5 GHz quad-core processor, 4.7-inch screen, 8 MP camera with dual shutter. It's a pretty powerful phone

I've had good luck with my HTC Trophy. A lot of people had problems with the U.S. HTC Titan, but the European HTC Titan seemed fine. I am hesitant to try another HTC at this point in time.

Effie356

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you in regards to HTC phone build quality.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I had to send back my HD7 three times. the last being the one that has yet to fail. It also was the an hour long phone conversation with some heated words on both sides. I'm not so sure I would ever buy another HTC device. I own and have owned Nokia devices One Nokia device was bought in 1999 and still works we use it in the shed we have to keep it plugged in but it works I don't think this HD7 would last that long...

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
HTC is suppose to announce the HTC One X on Monday: 1.5 GHz quad-core processor, 4.7-inch screen, 8 MP camera with dual shutter. It's a pretty powerful phone

I've had good luck with my HTC Trophy. A lot of people had problems with the U.S. HTC Titan, but the European HTC Titan seemed fine. I am hesitant to try another HTC at this point in time.

Even worse is that their rumored HTC ville, their mid-range devices destroys every windows phone in the specs department. Microsoft better step up.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
You should try a Samsung , much more reliable .. Im on a Focus rev1.3 from 2010!! Never had a problem!!!

Sent from my SGH-i917R using Board Express

Stryfeno1

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I think Nokia is the way to go...Everyone swear by them. And to think I was going to make them my first choice for a W8 tablet. Nokia and Samsung for me how. F@CK HTC!!!

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Seriously. Sounds like you have a bad phone. Doesn't necessarily make the entire company bad. Have had my Surround since 11/8/10 and use it extensively. Not a single hardware issue. Had two Tilt2s prior to that (one backup phone that I never needed and eventually sold), a Fuse, a 3125, and several HTC Pocket PCs. Excellent build quality and not an issue with any device. Yes, I am going to give the N900 a try, but only because HTC sucks at software. Hardware, not a problem.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Seriously. Sounds like you have a bad phone. Doesn't necessarily make the entire company bad. Have had my Surround since 11/8/10 and use it extensively. Not a single hardware issue. Had two Tilt2s prior to that (one backup phone that I never needed and eventually sold), a Fuse, a 3125, and several HTC Pocket PCs. Excellent build quality and not an issue with any device. Yes, I am going to give the N900 a try, but only because HTC sucks at software. Hardware, not a problem.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
Sidenote: The 3125 was one of my favorite phones, ever. It was a flip smartphone. Lol.

Cingular_3125_phoneaa.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)