Skype beta available for Windows Phone!!!!!!

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm on a HTC Trophy. When I call the Echo123 account I can hear the dialing noise in the headset, but I can't hear the call in the headset. If I hit the Skype speakerphone button things work fine over speakerphone. Anyone else have this problem?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
It's all working fine here on my Titan GaMMa, I can hear her perfectly and my own speech back, just confirming that with you.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand how you add new contacts... you can only "add" people who are already added... :confused:

Also, I take that once you exit the app you are then "offline"??

weepatc

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
App doesn't run in the background. No notifications either, once it loses focus you're off line. This is far too basic to be much use but I suppose it's a start. Final version coming in April so lets see what that brings.

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It's all working fine here on my Titan GaMMa, I can hear her perfectly and my own speech back, just confirming that with you.

Hmm. I wonder if it's a Trophy specific bug or my phone is just weird. Either way I'm glad to have some form of Skype. Hopefully they fix my issue in the final version.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
App doesn't run in the background. No notifications either, once it loses focus you're off line. This is far too basic to be much use but I suppose it's a start. Final version coming in April so lets see what that brings.

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

Yeah, it's nice that they've managed to at least get a beta out there. :)

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
My wife tried it on her Lumia 800 yesterdy, said the sound quality was unbelievable.

Looking forward to a version that stays on in the background. It's good if you want to call out with it, but unless the app is active, you're offline and can neither be called, nor IMed.

At least it's a start

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes the sound quality is excellent eholzki. If they leave that alone and get on with the rest it will be a great app untill it's built into the OS later on. :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon