why nokia has become biggest WP

borjeboy

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Nokia has very quick become the biggest WP manufacture but why?

I think its because in the commercials they are not mentioning Microsoft or Windows.. You can see it very fast in the last seconds.. Also the design they have used on Lumia 800 and 900 is really nice.

Anyone else has any thoughts about why they have become the biggest one? I wouldn't be suprise if they soon has over 50%.. of the WP7

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
1. MS gave them 8billion $$ to advertise WP and to manufacture it...

2. Nokia is a HUGE company in Europe and Asia.

i dont think that *hiding* the MS name helps them that much ... unless people think they are getting a Symbian phone , LOL.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
...and also because it seems that Nokia is dead serious about getting 'the essentials' on board the WP platform such as:

1. Enterprise support, e.g. encryption through the Good for Enterprise solution. If it is true that Nokia is pushing this for their Lumia-series, it seems they recognize that there's a potential market among business/professional users. Quite an obvious hint given that Windows Phone already has Office Mobile, Exchange/Office 365, SharePoint, as well as apps for SkyDrive and Lync. *Why not* make these useful to those who are most likely to use them? What better than to have a Lumia 710/800/900 enterprise phone?

Good Technology and Nokia to Deliver Secure Enterprise Messaging on Lumia Smartphones -- SUNNYVALE, Calif., Feb. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --

2. Apps such as Nokia Drive and Maps, and soon Nokia Transport and Reading. Apps such as these, especially Drive and Transport, pulled my friends and brothers into the Lumia series. These additions really made the good WP OS into a potent system. The region specific apps also help, e.g. the movie ones for Europe, ESPN in U.S, etc.

3. Affordability and distinctiveness. The Lumia 710's price and offering, the 800 and 900's beautiful designs, and even the 610's affordability will attract a wide-range of people. Each person would value a smartphone differently, not all would appreciate the 800/900's styling enough to buy them, but still want to use the OS. Others might consider the 710 and 610 cheap, and would much rather hold something that contends against the top Androids at every step, perhaps stand out of the crowd easily.

I think Nokia is poised to edge Samsung and possibly even HTC out of the Windows Phone business the way things are going. To be honest, doesn't seem like many of us mind given that among the OEMs it is Nokia that is pushing this OS, giving it teeth and supporting its entry in previously far-off market segments (i.e. low/medium-end, enterprise, etc.).

Heck I wouldn't even be surprised if Nokia manages to negotiate a deal with Google one day for proper YouTube and Google+ apps, as well as other Google services to the WP platform, eventually.

Last edited:

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Marketing, brand awareness and it being the first company to really go all out for WP. Meaning it will keep growing it's own ecosystem along WP's own with host of it's own services and apps.

borjeboy

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
In fact Nokia/lumia 800 is the first WP7 phone i have seen commercials for on tvs and bus stops here in Sweden.. Or well on tv it's actually 3 that tells you that they have the amazing lumia 800 so it's not nokia them selfs that makes that commercial

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Because Nokia has huge name in the world wide
i know some people who refuse to buy anything except for Nokia and they will jump to Nokia windows phone when its available here

i tried motorola , samsung and sony ericsson i always go back to Nokia

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Because Nokia has huge name in the world wide
i know some people who refuse to buy anything except for Nokia and they will jump to Nokia windows phone when its available here

i tried motorola , samsung and sony ericsson i always go back to Nokia

thats funny , ive tryed: samsung , htc , RIM , Palm , LG , Sony Ericsson , well ive tryed them all (perks of working for a carrier) and i always go back to Samsung :p haha

ive had 1 Nokia Symbian phone ( the ONLY one my carrier ever had ) we sold 30 of them 29 came back with problems , i had one for 1 week and said F that!!

but now im VERY excited about the 900 coming to rogers :p cant wait!!!

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
thats funny , ive tryed: samsung , htc , RIM , Palm , LG , Sony Ericsson , well ive tryed them all (perks of working for a carrier) and i always go back to Samsung :p haha

ive had 1 Nokia Symbian phone ( the ONLY one my carrier ever had ) we sold 30 of them 29 came back with problems , i had one for 1 week and said F that!!

but now im VERY excited about the 900 coming to rogers :p cant wait!!!
hm maybe different experience i sold my focus 1 month ago because i can't buy apps because marketplace isn't supported in this area until yesterday with the big news on 23 new countries added to marketplace and because my language isn't supported yet at the moment i have temporary nokia c3 just for messaging and making calls and i will buy again windows phone once my language and marketplace supported

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
The worst thing about "Windows Phone" is the "Windows" part in the name. Not because of WM, most people never knew that existed, but because it makes normal consumers think of XP on a phone, they get scared and run away to Android. Which is ironic, as it is the most PC-like experience on a phone!

Last edited:

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Like Cortez, Nokia has burned the boats (Symbian, Meego.) Nokia's survival depends on Windows Phone now. That is why they have leaped ahead to become the largest Windows Phone manufacturer. Nokia simply has no choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pwaikon

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Nokia has very quick become the biggest WP manufacture but why?

I think its because in the commercials they are not mentioning Microsoft or Windows.. You can see it very fast in the last seconds.. Also the design they have used on Lumia 800 and 900 is really nice.

Anyone else has any thoughts about why they have become the biggest one? I wouldn't be suprise if they soon has over 50%.. of the WP7

IMO the major factor is that Nokia has pumped up their marketing campaign BIG TIME. I don't know if Nokia is solemnly responsible of it's LUMIA campaign (MS has just given money for it) or have Nokia and MS together designed and operated the whole thing but anyway the Nokia LUMIA marketing is huge! Nokia has never before invested this much on a campaign, these events that they do in different cities around the world are clever and different, they catch by passers attention and get them to come and see what's going on and that leads to getting new customers ;)

Honestly, I'm impressed by Nokia. After many years of mostly seeing commercials on tv and no activity on the streets this new way of marketing is great :D

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
This is it. Nokia MUST become the best WP7 manufacturer. HTC,Samsung,... all make money elsewhere.
Like Cortez, Nokia has burned the boats (Symbian, Meego.) Nokia's survival depends on Windows Phone now. That is why they have leaped ahead to become the largest Windows Phone manufacturer. Nokia simply has no choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Plus they're in bed with MS and get money to make all those commercials.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
If other OEMS like Dell, Samsung, etc are putting this much effort into Windows Phone the platform would skydrocket. I am pointing my fingers at Dell right now they have a oppourtunity to capitalize big time with the Venue brand but didn't. Its unforunate.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
This is it. Nokia MUST become the best WP7 manufacturer.

I am all for it. HTC and the rest were there at the beginning and did everything but sabotage their own products by not doing anything to promote them. Just makes it easier for Nokia to establish themselves as the premier WP device maker now.

If other OEMS like Dell, Samsung, etc are putting this much effort into Windows Phone the platform would skydrocket. I am pointing my fingers at Dell right now they have a oppourtunity to capitalize big time with the Venue brand but didn't. Its unforunate.

None of them are interested and right now Lumia is the name associated with Windows Phone. Will only get better when the Pure View tech comes to WP8.

borjeboy

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I was in city today and Walked pass the phone house and 3 posters on there Windows about lumia 800.. And they had ? magazine about whats new and lumia was both frist and backpage :)... Strangest thing was when i entered the store they didn't have the lumia it had sold out. Even there demo ex was gone...

But in another store they had sold out to, But the Guy that worked there had got it so i played with his phone..
And oh My god what Nokia drive/maps is fast compared to Googles.. Google feels like your on an old 56kbps modem. Nokias felt like ? 10mbit/s...:)

Also alot nicer with the case on. It felt kind of Hard without it

BTW just saw that tele 2 and halebop had commercials on tv showing Lumia as an example. Means that every carrier in sweden has tv commercials where they show Lumia 800. First time i see commercials for Halebop..

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb