Google Apps - Own domain - does it work on Mango

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a question. If I'm using my own domain with Google Apps for email, contacts and calendar, can I create a normal Google mail account on my Mango phone (Lumia 800), and just instead of entering an email address like "xyz@gmail.com", I enter "xyz@mydomain.com"?

Can anyone confirm if this works?

Thanks in advance!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
welcome-to-wp.gif

hmm i know for a fact you can set up your own domain name with Live or Hotmail

but im not sure about the Google account. if you already have your custom domain.

try going in :

e-mails --> ... (3 dots) --> Add email account --> Google

well, will you look at that , Google e-mail wasn't an option before. LOL sweet! haha
if not you have *other account* and Advance setup for any e-mail.

the problem you might have is, that you have to PROVE that your domain name is yours, not sure it applys to your Google accounts but if it does it might cause an issue.

discovering new things every day!

Last edited:

E_man#CB

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Yep. I use a google apps account with my own domain. I logged in with a gmail account like I would if I went to mail.google.com. It synced my contacts, calendar, and syncs email.

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yep. I use a google apps account with my own domain. I logged in with a gmail account like I would if I went to mail.google.com. It synced my contacts, calendar, and syncs email.

This is brilliant. Now I just have to figure out how to stop using my providers mail services and use Google Apps....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)