Sorry for the sillly question, but has Microsoft officially announced Tango?

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I know we discuss Tango (among other things) pretty frequently on the forums, but has Microsoft officially acknowledged the name "Tango" on any event or press release? I'm not saying it doesn't exist or anything like that. I just want to read about it "from the horse's mouth", as the saying goes.

On that subject, Microsoft hasn't acknowledged the name "Apollo" officially, right?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Officially announced but not fully explained. I'm guessing MS is being quiet because some things are still being cut/added.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
yeah , I'm still wondering if ALL WP are gona get TANGO , or if only Asian Nokia phones will!
think the problem with TANGO is that's its gona have different versions depending on your country.

Americans ( Canada, US , Mexico ect.. ) will get the LOW END device support, same thing with Europe ( witch wont really effect us )

but I think Asia is getting a different version to remove XBL from the phone and to add a special gaming center from Asia. + other support things

Yo Se1fcr3ation congrats of being a Mod. I just noticed it right now :D.

Thanks WinterFang :) , I know i have BIG bear feet to fill , but ill do my best to keep this place clean and full of love :) , hehehe

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
yeah , I'm still wondering if ALL WP are gona get TANGO , or if only Asian Nokia phones will!
think the problem with TANGO is that's its gona have different versions depending on your country.

Americans ( Canada, US , Mexico ect.. ) will get the LOW END device support, same thing with Europe ( witch wont really effect us )

but I think Asia is getting a different version to remove XBL from the phone and to add a special gaming center from Asia. + other support things

Thanks WinterFang :) , I know i have BIG bear feet to fill , but ill do my best to keep this place clean and full of love :) , hehehe

I hear Tango is coming to all phones.

Windows Phone Tango MMS updates demoed, will come to all Windows Phones in Q2 | WMPoweruser

Windows Phone 7 Tango: Coming to all phones after April - Yahoo!

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the links, guys. I'm scratching my head as to why you had to link other WP sites. You'd think WPCentral would've had a post about Tango this week instead of August 2011 :p

anodynamic

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the links, guys. I'm scratching my head as to why you had to link other WP sites. You'd think WPCentral would've had a post about Tango this week instead of August 2011 :p

If Daniel can't firm up information with his sources he won't post it. The writers at WPC aren't big on rumors. I'm not saying that the links above are bad information I just trust our editor/writers decisions more.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
If Daniel can't firm up information with his sources he won't post it. The writers at WPC aren't big on rumors. I'm not saying that the links above are bad information I just trust our editor/writers decisions more.
That being said, is it safe to say that all that we've heard about Tango has been nothing but conjecture? I mean, has Microsoft held a press conference (or sent a press release) stating "We are pleased to introduce Tango" or something to that effect?

Zumanity

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if Microsoft intended Tango to be an "official" pomp and circumstance release of an update.

From what I've looked into, Tango is mainly to achieve that performance charm for lower end devices and begin Microsoft's mission of building it's base by attracting the first time smart phone buyers. Microsoft wants to do what Apple did with it's iPhone release (in my opinion). Attract 1st time buyers to Windows OS, and keep them in that eco-system for years to come.

I've been hearing that the "Tango" update will go out to all OS users, adding fixes and a couple new features to high end / mid end handsets, and making Windows Phone possible on lower end devices.

Lets see what happens!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12