Strange password issue on Windows Phone

htwo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm having a strange password issue on my Windows Phone.
I changed the password of the main live ID using my pc.
Strangely enough, my phone still keeps syncing with the main live ID, and I didn't update the password on my phone yet.

So I deliberately entered an incorrect password in my phone. The phone should give me an incorrect password error, but it simply keeps syncing correctly.

I've done a phone restart, phone reset, ... the problem still exists.
My phone has the latest update.

Anyone else has seen this issue?
Anyone willing to try if you have the same issue if you change the password for your main live ID to an incorrect password?

Although not really a problem, I consider this a serious security issue (imagine you lose your phone, decide to change your password but it keeps syncing).

anodynamic

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I've seen the recommendation to remove the phone from the Live ID using online account setting or Zune, so maybe there's a system that uses the phone ID as verification even when the password is changed?

It does sound a bit strange, but the removal of associated phones plus the ability to lock and wipe the phone from findmyphone.com should be as safe as any password reset.

htwo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestion.

But I already tried to remove my phone from the Live devices (forgot to mention that).
Even when the phone is removed from the devices linked to your Live ID, it keeps syncing, no matter what password you enter.

Maillard965

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I've seen the recommendation to remove the phone from the Live ID using online account setting or Zune,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3