Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dave Blake
  • 1 Post By Big Supes

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    So here's the thing, my carrier stop sucking and get their asses in gear so know I have signal and 3G at my job and thus no need for me to go to AT&T. The problem is that they just got the Lumia 800 but I'm 100% sure they will get the 900 (a lot later than when it comes out though).

My question is, should I get the 900 when it comes out or way for the Pureview Nokia phone in 2013!!!?

My Optimus 7 is great but I need some lumia in my life man.

I think by the time 900 comes out for your carrier and the pureview hasn't been announced or leaked yet..then go for it!

I'm in a similar situation but not exactly...just got the Lumia 710 recently cuz my previous phone was giving me too much trouble...so i opted for the Lumia 710 as a "temp" phone..now that the 900 is coming out in April here in Canada, should i get it? or wait til the Pureview?
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,163 Global Posts
    I say get the 900 asap we will be talking allot about this device you should be part of the conversation

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    well thats the thing if you buy one now, a dualcore will be out in like 6months. But when you buy that dualcore a quadcore will be out in 6 months.. and so it continues.

But if the price for 900 is to high compared to 800 i would go for the 800.. Only difference is screen size... And front camera..
    Audio update is out (unofficially but still) so just now wondering if Telia wants to join the carrier race or if i should change to 3 or tele2..

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I really don't care about dual core, the only thing that's making me double think it is the camera. Lumia 800 had a dissapoiting camera and Pureview is the best camera out there.

But compared to the Optimus 7 the Lumia 900 has.

1- bigger screen
    2- better screen
    3- faster speeds
    4- greater camera
    5- greater battery
    6- front facing camera

Also is pretty =D

well, my decisive factor is whether the 900 will be updateable to Apollo or not..if not, then i'm definitely gonna wait for the Pureview...the sad thing is that it seems like MS isn't ready to come out and say whether it does or not any time soon :s unless i missed it..

Buy it now and sell it if it isnt later. Problem solved.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I don't have the money for that. And no one is going to give me good money for a Nokia that has Windows. Those two names hurt the value a lot =(.

By the time it comes out I'm guessing their will be Apollo news :)
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,163 Global Posts
    I just think that if your in the US and your a Windows Phone user I think your going to want to get this device I think it's going to be the most popular windows phone we have seen. I think it will be that way for a good while. That's just MHO
    selfcreation likes this.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Well my carrier will get the international version, no LTE for me =(. But at least it will be free of carrier logos. I'll jump on it, it looks very slick and the Nokia apps are great.
    What is your carrier exactly? I know T-mobile is beginning to reform their network to fully support the lumia 900 or any GSM phone for that matter. There's also a rumor that they'll get the lumia 910 or original HTC Titan.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blake View Post
    I just think that if your in the US and your a Windows Phone user I think your going to want to get this device I think it's going to be the most popular windows phone we have seen. I think it will be that way for a good while. That's just MHO

I agree. I know I want one!

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
    What is your carrier exactly?

It's a weird one, If I knew what's his european counterpart I'll know what to expect more easily.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Actually, I say go for the 800, because if your just waiting your going to be waiting for the next thing, and the next thing and you will be stuck in the past. But you pick up the 800 and decide to sell it later or not, you will still have a good phone or sell it for a good chunk specially since the lumia series will be more widely known.

For example I was looking for a N8 just a few months ago but didn't want to shell out the 240 or 260 to acquire one, but now that Symbian Belle is out, can't find one for less than 300. So I say get it
    Helio>bbOS>webOS>Android>WP
    @Fr33Paco
    Yu know the Pureview isn't a Windows phone, right?

The Pureview isn't an option right now - what with being lumbered with Symbian.

My advice - get the Lumia 900. :)
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Supes View Post
    The Pureview isn't an option right now - what with being lumbered with Symbian.

My advice - get the Lumia 900. :)
    I am guessing they started on the 808 before the switch to WP7. The 808 with WP7 would set a high standard for others to follow.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

I agree that's entirely possible, Palandri. I'm undecided, as part of me thinks that, despite Nokia's relationship with Microsoft, you would think they're still going to act in their own invested interests. Then, on the flip side, Windows Phone doesn't support this hardware so they may have just done ahead with Symbian for practical purposes. I mean, 'time frame' was obviously important as Stephen Elop is clearly eager to show HTC that Nokia are still the boss when it comes down to camera phone technology.
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"
    justop26 likes this.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I know the Pureview is not a Windows Phone but my contract goes out next year so by that time the next generation of Windows Phones will be out :D.

But I really want the Lumia 900 even if it's just a thicker Focus S with a worse screen and camera. The 800 is not an option though, I won't get a phone with a screen less bigger than mine :).

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    I say get the 900, if it's upgradable to Apollo. If not, get something else. The problem is, I can't find solid proof if is is or not. Some say yes, some say no. I really wish MS would just give an answer.

I was looking at the other Nokia phone on engadget and the photos were outstanding. But I don't think the OS can compete to Wp7.

Sent from my Galaxy S II
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I don't think Apollo is a real thing. =(

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    I know the Pureview is not a Windows Phone but my contract goes out next year so by that time the next generation of Windows Phones will be out :D.

But I really want the Lumia 900 even if it's just a thicker Focus S with a worse screen and camera. The 800 is not an option though, I won't get a phone with a screen less bigger than mine :).
    Maybe we should wait a bit for the Pureview on WP.."Nokia’s Jo Harlow: “It will not take very long” to bring PureView technology to Windows Phone"

Nokia’s Jo Harlow: “It will not take very long” to bring PureView technology to Windows Phone | WMPoweruser

Global Posts
    3,537 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Symbian wouldn't scare me away if you have had one in the past and enjoy it, or at least do not hate. It will be supported for years, as Nokia has already made arrangements for it. But if the camera is the ONLY reason you are considering it, than pass and get the 900. One aspect alone is not worth the purchase in my opinion. The 900 will most likely have every other advantage over it. WP is Nokia's future, and I would always vote on the future.
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.