Windows Phones Getting Traction?

alaskanjackson

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I am a bit wary of that article as it seems to use shipments to estimate sales...

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Dormage

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Shipments are ususaly affected by demand. The first shippments are usualy small but when market appears to be growing larger orders are made.
I guess this shippments should reflect the popularity of the platform since WP7 was lunched in Russia a while ago?
In both cases I'ts very good news and thanks for posting this !

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
No shipments often are unrelated to sales - the touchpad, various RIm and Samsung devices evidence this, it is only much later that we get a TRUE picture.

WTH? I can't write TRUE without my phone cappin it?

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
No shipments often are unrelated to sales - the touchpad, various RIm and Samsung devices evidence this, it is only much later that we get a TRUE picture.

WTH? I can't write TRUE without my phone cappin it?

Point is; WP IS selling! I'm now even seeing people with Radars,Lumia 710 and HD7s out in public, this wasn't true a few months ago where I would see one phone every two weeks or more. One of my friends even recently got a focus flash and my brother is planning to get either the Titan II or Lumia 900. Can't deny that.

Dormage

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I still don't think that is true. WP7 in russia is nothing new.
I don't know the date of the lunch but its back to october or november of 2011 at least.
That means the platform has been there for months and this data can't be the first shippment! The first shippment should have been sold out by now and the resupply indicates that wp7 is selling!
Then again it's just a point of view. I'm just more optimistic :)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3