Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Xzrane

So I need some help, I recently just got an unlock code from T-Mobile USA and was going to try to unlock my phone. I used a family member's Verizon SIM, input the unlock code, it was accepted, so I messed around with it a bit, even though I didnt have service with that SIM. When I put my old SIM card in, turned it on, and let it sit for about 30 seconds, the phone starts to reboot itself, in a loop. The only way to stop it is to either catch it when the home screen is up or pull the battery.

I'm hoping not to have to do a factory reset if there is something else I might can do.

I'm using the HTC HD7.
    Does anyone know anything that might can help?

Global Posts
    2,145 Global Posts
    Where in the world did you find a Verizon SIM?
    Lumia 635

I didn't think Verizon phones had one, but my dads did. He has a HTC Trophy, with a SIM card in it.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,145 Global Posts
    I'm stunned. Wow. I never knew that. In any case, I don't know how to help you. But I would think a phone reset would be in order.
    Lumia 635
    Thanked by:
    Xzrane 

Just got off with Tmo Support - told me to switch the SIMs back out, test it for a bit, put the Tmo one back in mine - and it all worked. So far no problems.

(All something I should have done in the first place)

Crisis averted! Thanks speedtouch.
    speedtouch likes this.

Are you sure that you followed the instructions provided to you? Service providers provide the unlock code with the guidelines showing how to use the code in order to unlock the mobile phone.

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xzrane View Post
    So I need some help, I recently just got an unlock code from T-Mobile USA and was going to try to unlock my phone. I used a family member's Verizon SIM, input the unlock code, it was accepted, so I messed around with it a bit, even though I didnt have service with that SIM. When I put my old SIM card in, turned it on, and let it sit for about 30 seconds, the phone starts to reboot itself, in a loop. The only way to stop it is to either catch it when the home screen is up or pull the battery.

I'm hoping not to have to do a factory reset if there is something else I might can do.

I'm using the HTC HD7.
    Does anyone know anything that might can help?
    All verizon phones which are "world phones" have a sim c ard slot for when travelling outside the US.
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!

I'm trying to unlock a T-Mobile HTC HD7 that I got back in 2011 (upgraded to v7.8). I have a new Nokia 920 with Windows Phone 8 and would like to hand the HTC over to a friend (on Verizon)who would like to try out a smart phone. T-Mobile gave me an unlock code, but I'm not getting asked for it when I power up the HD7 with the Verizon SIM in it - it says the SIM is invalid, but I can't find any option to get it into a mode to pick up the unlock code.

With some phones, there's a magic key sequence to get to the unlock. Any help appreciated.