Bluetooth and Voice Command Problem

derekxm

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a Focus S, and love using the voice command features. I would really like to use them while driving, but whenever my phone syncs to my car's bluetooth, I can no longer use my voice command features. The problem is that it doesn't seem to hear me when I speak. I've tried speaking to the car microphone and into the phone's microphone but I think the whole system screws up once you sync to a bluetooth device and the microphone doesn't listen when you have bluetooth going.

Does anyone else have this problem?

TricBox

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I too have noticed that the voice commands are not accurate through the BT ear piece I have. Works fine without though.

burgerhockey

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a Focus, and I use a Samsung Bluetooth headset. They work great together for me. I love being able to hear and respond to texts while on the road. I would tell you to try a different headset and see if that changes anything.

Sent from my Focus using Board Express

Bifurcated

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, my LG Tone works no worse than the native mic on my phone.

To be honest, the speech recognition is pretty hit and miss for me in either case.

But it's freaking awesome when it works. I love dictating text messages.

gavram

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I currently have a Focus S, and love using the voice command features. I would really like to use them while driving, but whenever my phone syncs to my car's bluetooth, I can no longer use my voice command features. The problem is that it doesn't seem to hear me when I speak. I've tried speaking to the car microphone and into the phone's microphone but I think the whole system screws up once you sync to a bluetooth device and the microphone doesn't listen when you have bluetooth going.

Does anyone else have this problem?
I also have this problem with voice commands not being recognized. They work if I use a bluetooth headset but not when connected to my car bluetooth...which is when I need it most. It will read texts but I can't use voice commands such as "find pizza" or "weather" as it won't return a result.

Any suggestions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss