Issue: screenlock when calling/being called

XBWillem

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I have an HTC Titan and I often get troubled by the following issue:

When I start to call someone, the screen directly goes on screenlock. When I bring the phone up to my ear, nothing changes. When I move the phone away from my ear, back to waist heigth, the screen is still on lock... only after about 5 seconds the screenlock stops.

Is there a fix for this?

I have the idea this started happening after I started using a click-on case for my phone.

Also, I don't know if this is a Titan-only issue or WP7 issue.

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Is your screenlock wallpaper showing when this happens, or is the screen black?

Have you tried removing the case? Does the case block the proximity sensor at the top of the phone?

XBWillem

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
The screen goes completely black and doesn't respond to tapping or using the lock/unlock button at the top of my phone.

I don't know for sure what the proximity sensor is, but I take it's two small holes on the top of my phone? Those are NOT blocked by the case.

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
The proximity sensor should be somewhere on the screen side of the phone around the HTC logo. I can't see it on any image search...is it inside the ear piece cut out? Is that speaker covered by the case?

If removing the case doesn't solve it...I don't know... :unsure:

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
On my Samsungs, it's a little blue circle or bar right next to the ear speaker. You can only see it at certain angles.

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
as far as i can tell, those proximity sensors are really hard to see, have you tried to remove the case then wipe your phone as clean as you can? it goes black to prevent your face from pressing any buttons so you could make the screen go black simply by putting your finger over that sensor

XBWillem

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had the issue the last 2 days, which is kinda weird. I'm not sure if I was blocking the sensor with my hand, I will try that out and see what happens.

Andre Vitorino

May 9, 2013
Visit site
i had the same issue . My phone fell to the ground and the next day the proximity sensor stopped working ... what i found out today ( 1 month later ) was that the screen comes back to normal if you press and hold your finger AROUND the proximity sensor so you can interrupt your phone call or pass the call to your speaker ... it worked for me ...

btw everytime you want your screen you have to press and hold your finger each time you want to see the screen
hope it helps :D

and i have a zte tania windows phone 7.8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss