Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Now that I've been using the Windows 8 Developer Preview for a bit, I've gotten to thinking about what parts of the execution of the Metro interface in Windows 8 I'd like to see in the next major Windows Phone release (WP8).

There are some obvious things: landscape mode, more interface customization, including different colored tiles (though I'm not sure Win8 actually lets you customize tile colors that much...could be wrong), to name a couple.

Another nice feature might be the ability to display app notifications on the lock screen like Windows 8 has. I like the ability to group tiles in Windows 8, as well, but I'm not sure how that would transfer to the phone with the limited screen real estate. I think there are some nice things going on with SkyDrive integration and syncing in Win8, as well, that I imagine will make it to WP8.

*EDIT: Another thing I like in Win8 is the ability to close apps by dragging them down from the top. I'd like to see WP8 get something like this...perhaps in the multitasking UI...which would make it very much like WebOS. Then again, I'm not sure exactly how useful this would be, though I guess you'd have some control over what apps get killed when you exceed the max number of state saves.

So what do you all think? Have you used Win8 much? Anything you'd like to see WP8 inherit?