Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

6 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    This has happened many times.

Any email sent to me from a hotmail account, that I reply to from my phone will turn the initial email (what i`m replying to) into Chinese.

IN the sample, i got an email regarding plumbing, and other things about my house. I replied to it. My reply is in plain english, but the first message is all Chinese.

What would cause this? It`s becoming quite annoying.

Sent: 28/02/2012 11:34 AM
    To: Someone
    Subject: RE: furnace
    格浴㹬਍格慥㹤਍猼祴敬㰾ⴡഭ⸊浨敭獳条⁥൐笊਍慭杲湩〺硰഻瀊摡楤杮〺硰਍ൽ戊摯⹹浨敭獳条൥笊਍潦瑮猭 穩㩥ㄠ瀰㭴਍潦瑮昭浡汩㩹慔潨慭਍ൽⴊ㸭⼼瑳汹㹥⼼敨摡ാ㰊潢祤挠慬獳✽浨敭獳条❥㰾楤⁶楤㵲氧牴㸧਍祒湡 㰬牢㰾牢匾牥慩畮扭牥漠敲散灩⁴慷⁳業獳湩⁧桴瑡渠浵敢Ⱳ栠摡琠敢愠汢⁥潴猠敥琠敨琠⁶慴⁧桷捩⁨⁉ 慣⹮渦獢㭰䌠污敬⁤湩愠摮琠敨⁹慳⁹桴⁥癴瀠牵档獡⁥慤整搠敯湳琧氠湩⁥灵眠瑩⁨桴楥⁲敲潣摲⁳潳渠睯䤠栠 癡⁥潴映硡琠敨爠捥楥瑰愠摮挠污桴浥戠捡湩㈠搠祡⁳潦⁲桴⁥敮瑸猠整⹰戼㹲戼㹲戼㹲戼㹲搼癩㰾楤⁶摩∽ 歓䑹楲敶汐捡桥汯敤≲㰾搯癩㰾牨椠㵤猢潴印数汬湩≧䘾潲㩭爠慹彮整湲敩䁲潨浴楡⹬潣㱭牢吾㩯愠整湲敩䁲潨浴 楡⹬潣㱭牢匾扵敪瑣䕒畦湲捡㱥牢䐾瑡㩥吠敵‬㠲䘠扥㈠㄰′㜰㐺㨸㤰ⴠ㠰〰戼㹲戼㹲਍਍洼瑥⁡瑨灴攭畱癩 ∽潃瑮湥⵴祔数潣瑮湥㵴琢硥⽴瑨汭※档牡敳㵴湵捩摯≥ാ㰊敭慴渠浡㵥䜢湥牥瑡牯潣瑮湥㵴䴢捩潲潳瑦匠晡 䡥䵔≌ാ㰊瑳汹㹥਍䔮瑸牥慮䍬慬獳⸠捥桸浭獥慳敧倠਍灻摡楤杮〺硰紻਍䔮瑸牥慮䍬慬獳戠摯⹹捥桸浭獥慳敧਍ 晻湯⵴楳敺ㄺ瀰㭴潦瑮昭浡汩㩹慔潨慭紻਍਍⼼瑳汹㹥਍搼癩搠物∽瑬≲ാ䠊祥䄠杮汥ⱡ搼癩㰾牢㰾搯癩㰾楤㹶桔 ⁥敳楲污渠浵敢⁲獩洠獩楳杮愠氠瑥整⁲瑡琠敨攠摮‬瑩猠潨汵⁤敢⨠⨪㐴堵眠敨敲堠椠⁳⁡敬瑴牥㰮搯癩㰾楤㹶 戼㹲⼼楤㹶搼癩䤾挠湡潮⁴桰湯⁥獡琠敨⁹敮摥礠畯琠瑳湡⁤湩牦湯⁴景琠敨吠⁖潴搠⁡楰瑣牵⁥整瑳眠楨敬 漠桴⁥桰湯⁥楷桴琠敨㱭搯癩㰾楤㹶戼㹲⼼楤㹶搼癩吾敨琠慲獮捡楴湯⌠椠⁳ㄲ‱㤱㌰〵⼼楤㹶搼癩㰾牢㰾搯 癩㰾楤㹶汁潳‬瑩猠敥獭琠敨瀠潲畤瑣挠摯⁥䉐⨪‪獩眠潲杮愠⁳桴祥搠湯琧栠癡⁥湡⁹䉐瀠潲畤瑣㽳䤠氧牴⁹ 楧楶杮䄠

This pretty much tranlates to:

Subject: RE: furnace cell bath
    㹬਍ grid to unfeigned㹤਍ Pogai King㰾ჱ ഭ ⸊ Lan Right angry dog Article ⁥ ൐ strainer ਍ the wrongful Gao Breast - feeding 〺 Sha ഻ Pan account setting Aralia Fei 〺 Sha ਍ ൽ E Zhi ⹹ Lan Right angry dog articles ൥ strainer ਍ flooded Li primate stability㩥ㄠ Mi㭴਍ flooded Li Zhao gushing confused㩹Mu Zong additionally ਍ ൽ ლ㸭⼼ luster of gems tumultuous㹥Tou ⼼ account setting ാ㰊Huang Yu scratch Create an account angry dog ✽ Lan Right angry dog ❥㰾Aralia ⁶ the Aralia㵲oxygen contravene㸧਍ Tiaoyu㰬prison㰾prison plaque Fang the Lian  Muniufangmo  knock loose Yan the ⁴ generous ⁳ industry angry dog Breast - feeding ⁧ Fushiqutong dare Ⱳ Ren account setting Tian  dare resentment the Tu ⁥ retention Ceon the ⁶ deterrence of Yantiantoutian ⁧ Jue the transition ⁨⁉ the inertia ⹮ vortex Xiao㭰䌠the sewage King ⁤ Dongyunqiaotian Tou ⁹ saving ⁹ rafter ⁥ the Luanyingqiandang the Xi ⁥ Harcourt Zhengshuominnan Eshen Breast - feeding ⁥ spiritual sleep Ying ⁨ the rafter楥⁲ knock Mincan ⁳ Tu Drainage pine䤠Ren the crazy ⁥ retention Ying Hong Tiantoujuwan楥Guiyunaonao sewage  rafter wet Zhi to pick the  Breast - feeding (i) daub the Chai ⁳ flooded ⁲ rafter ⁥ Xia Binceon whole ⹰ Mao㹲Mao㹲Mao㹲Mao㹲Quan leprosy㰾Aralia ⁶ Mount ∽ Huan䑹the Weizhen tidal Jianqiaohongke ≲㰾dig the leprosy㰾Gangqian㵤Hu retention print run of Jing Breast - feeding ≧䘾pigwash㩭Ju Zheyong to the whole outrush the Xiao䁲Cong bathing Yu ⹬ the the the Min㱭prison I㩯Yunzhengyuanxiao䁲Cong bathing Yu ⹬ the the Min㱭prison Yuduo plaque petty>䕒> plot torrential pick㱥the prison䐾Shi the㩥bark enemy Alto, the ‬㠲䘠, the (i) ㄰ 'Wen ⁡ - jin of㜰㐺㨸㤰ჰ㠰〰 Mao㹲Mao㹲਍਍ depression Hongli leave the the leprosy ∽ Address Litu ⵴ worship ancestors number Min Li to Tu㵴cut to Bang ⽴ - jin Rui ※ file the Mu the Ai㵴You ≥ transition Zhi ാ㰊Right the deterrence Drainage the gushing㵥䜢Tufang the, the Shi revolves Min Litu㵴the䴢transition pigwash Tu Wu Carpenter Asr䡥䵔≌ ാ㰊luster of gems the the tumultuous㹥਍䔮Binfang consider䍬Create an account angry dog ⸠ Wanxi Gengjiaoqianqi the the the Sui ਍ Chixisongbei 〺 the Shayang ਍䔮Bin Fang consider䍬Qinruzhizhi ⹹ Wan the Xi Gengjiaoqianji ਍ dark soup ⵴ of Mei drive ㄺ the Mi㭴Laolizhaobo confused㩹Mucongyinyang ਍ ਍ ⼼ the Quan leprosy, the Liu ≲ ാ,䠊the Cheung䄠Beizhi ⱡ㰾prison㰾dig scabies the㰾Aralia㹶orange ⁥ Aiwei sewage drainage Tong dare ⁲ Huimou Hui Mei Fei bland Shenwen whole ⁲ Quanlaishuowu ∽, the luster of gems tumultuous㹥਍ Shi Tian Tou Mi the the Ao ‬ Ying Ceoncong Han ⁤ dare ⨠ ⨪㐴blocking sleep Tou knock the Baihe maps ⁳ ⁡ King Juefang㰮dig the leprosy㰾the Aralia㹶Mao㹲⼼ Aralia㹶the the the Quan scratching scabies䤾, Yu tide ⁴ the to Kuo soup ⁥ Xi Tiantou ⁹ Xiatangcijun the the Tian  luster of gems Yu ⁤ Breast - feeding the Yak Tang ⁴ Jingtiantoufei ⁖ retention daub  ⁡ Yu Suo to pull ⁥ Zhengcuomianzhen King desert  the rafter ⁥ the Kuo Tang ⁥, Kai rafter Tiantou㱭dig leprosy㰾Aralia㹶Mao㹲⼼ Aralia㹶Quan scabies I Tou Tian Man Xian pick Di Tang ⌠ maps ⁳ ㄲ ‱㤱 ㌰ 〵 ⼼ Aralia㹶Quan leprosy㰾prison㰾dig leprosy㰾Aralia㹶juice Tu ‬ Ying Ceon Yan otter Tian Tou Ying pigwash Zhi Suo scratch Zhi ⁥ the䉐⨪ ‪ Hui Mian pigwash Fei bland the rafter Eren the crazy ⁥ Yu Xiang Shuo Tang, ⁳ the ⁹䉐Yingshaoshisuo㽳䤠oxygen  contravene ⁹ Yang Jiefei䄠
    Retired Moderator

7,591 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,915 Global Posts
    Looks like the Hotmail server has been hacked and/or infected with a virus. Just a guess.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

6 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    This has been hapening for the past 3-5 emails spanning a few weeks. Oddly enough it only happens when replying to emails my ex sends me, so maybe it grew a sense of humour?

Even so, it's quite annoying.

150 Posts
    Could be that the text is already in the mail, and the visible part gets filtered out and the hidden Chinese shows up when you reply.

Just a hunch, though, but I think changing account passwords would be a good idea, as well as telling the ex to run a virus scan.
    ive been having the same problem for the past few months and with more than just one person.
    its VERY strange!