How many live tiles do you have??

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Wish my tiles on my start screen are all live tiles but not so fast, I have just 10
Ever wondered if all your tiles were live?
It makes the screen so nice and non Windows Phone users jealous when they see it.
Now for the polls, how many live tiles have you got??
Lets make some noise and encourage all developers to add it to their apps. ;-)

Sent from my HTC HD7 Windows Phone using Board Express.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I have 14 live tiles I would prefer that they all be live tiles. We have the ability to have live tiles I'm not sure why developers don't take advantage of it it just makes there app stand out more

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I have 7 live tiles, counting "pictures" and "music+videos" despite their not doing anything useful.

Most of my live tiles are from Microsoft. Only 1 is from a third party developer.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I have 4 1/2 live tiles. My NOW tile (app from Samsung) stopped working :mad:

Like some of the others have said, I don't like the look of too much activity going on at the same time

damielrohie

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
i have zero live tiles, unless you count Sense's constantly flipping clock on the HTC Tilt2 running windows mobile 6.5 as a live tile. because if that is the case then i have 1 live tile :D !

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Wow...I have 30 live tiles.... active tiles ..he ones that are the solid theme color drive me insane the one one I have pined like that are my live mail...and marketplace....the rest give me info from stock updates to news and weather... also like the WPC app that shows the latest news I call that a semi live tile though i wish it did the news and the flip being the latest forum addition Oh wait it doesn't do the forums yet.

To me the live tiles is what really makes the OS stand out the plain theme colored ones to me are outright boring.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Two - Me and Amazing Weather - plus one that flips but just shows a picture (Carbon). Live tile updates are usually too delayed unless you happen to look right after they've updated, so as I tend to just check the apps anyway as a result (facebook, twitter, email etc.) there's no point having any more as it just eats battery.

I might have more if there were some way to track battery consumption of them.

Incidentally, has anyone evr done a test to see which is the quickest at letting you know you have an update, iOS, Android or WP? I think that'd be interesting to know.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
If including the native apps such as people/groups/me tiles etc. I have 14 live tiles.

I like the way the information is presented and the way the screen animates. It just feels more "alive" for lack of a better description. Especially considering my previous device was a Nokia N900 which was pretty static.

gnd1

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Live tiles look weird and also to distracting. Don't the live tiles eat more of the battery? If so, I really do not want them at all!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon