03-31-2012 05:29 PM
- I have both a Focus and a Focus S, and I've noticed that Bing doesn't work on the S when on cellular/4G data. It works fine on WiFi, and strangely, it works fine over 3G with my SIM in the original Focus.
Either searching in the IE address bar or using the magnifying glass button on the phone, it will always ends up telling me to check the cellular or WiFi connection and try again later.
Any ideas? Everything else works perfectly on the S with cellular data.03-11-2012 12:23 PM
- Neither are SIM unlocked and both are on AT&T.
The original Focus is "debranded" to allow certain features but Bing still works on that phone. The Focus S is untouched.
I know that the S has issues with AT&T prepaid as it's a "4G" phone, but it's weird that absolutely everything else data-related works on FauxG.
I will try MMS later today or tomorrow and see what happens. That Bing doesn't work just has to be related to MMS somehow...03-15-2012 12:22 PM
As for Bing and mms. Doubt it. your phone doesnt actually receive mms messages. You receive a text that's a dynamically generated link to retrieve the message. But im really just here to get bacon.03-15-2012 01:36 PM
- 03-15-2012 02:08 PM
I may have to give this a shot, thanks.03-17-2012 12:25 PM
- I sent myself two messages with pictures in them--one was through the Pictures app and the other with the Attach option inside Messaging. They were "embedded" in the SMS themselves. I have gotten the "Click to download media..." message with data turned off, but the test messages came through fine.03-17-2012 04:21 PM
- I thought they may have been related because "4G" Windows Phones phones are required to have the APN configured to work on AT&T prepaid, plus they need an MMS configuration (supposedly).
Now that MMS works--at least sending pics to myself--it's eliminated from being related.
Since everything else works on the data connection, MMS was the only thing up in the air. And since Bing doesn't work, well, it's the only thing not working...03-18-2012 12:31 PM
- Bumping this thread for justice!
If anyone is having trouble with Bing services not working on GoPhone service with their 4G Windows Phone, simply go into the Marketplace, then Samsung Zone, and download Wireless Manager.
Once installed, swap sideways, go into "Active APN" and change it to AT&T 3G.
Problem solved The phone still shows 4G but only downloads at 3G speeds, just like before.03-31-2012 05:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD