Am I the only one still using MetroTube?

X7or360

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
It had to do with the way they were accessing the HQ videos and their inability to continue doing so without support from Google/YouTube

trazer

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
It's still the one I use too, though I use youtube very little it is the only app for me when I do use it. Pinned to start too!

LazywormApps

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, is anyone else still using MetroTube as their main youtube app? I know it got removed from the marketplace and all, which is why I won't be resetting my phone until Windows Phone 8 brings backup.

I also have Youtube Pro, but only use it to download videos. Otherwise I use MetroTube cause I like the interface better. Also I like the fact that the comments are in the same page as the video so I can read the comments as I watch the videos.

So is anyone still using MetroTube? And what's your reason?

Really glad you're still using our app!

Just a quick note, if you paid for the app there is no need to worry if you end up losing it or upgrading your phone as we're more than happy to give you access to re-install it :)!

Although the situation is unfortunate and we had little choice but to pull the app, we will continue doing everything in our power to support our customers.

Endeavour1934

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I still use Metrotube too :D

Youtube Pro has worse interface and terrible translations (and I'm unable to change it to english!). But it does get all the favorites and other info that other apps seem unable to get (metrotube included).

Primetube is ok, but the player itself is too basic.

So, whenever I need to access youtube, if I have to look at my data (favorites, subscriptions, etc) I use Youtube Pro. For any other use, I prefer to use Metrotube.

steve70

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Still using too although I rarely use Youtube. I have installed all previous ones mentioned to try but always found myself going to Metrotube so I got rid of the rest. I just like the way it works and feels. It has an intangible I can't explain.

Shobiz

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Really glad you're still using our app!

Just a quick note, if you paid for the app there is no need to worry if you end up losing it or upgrading your phone as we're more than happy to give you access to re-install it :)!

Although the situation is unfortunate and we had little choice but to pull the app, we will continue doing everything in our power to support our customers.

Is there anyway I can pay for it now? I want to continue using it when I switch phones.

singlefished

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyway I can pay for it now? I want to continue using it when I switch phones.

I'm in the same boat...

Got LG e900 at the end of December and started scouting for apps.... that was about the same time everybody on the internet was shouting "QUICK!!!!! MetroTube is being discontinued... GRAB IT NOW before it's gone!" It was a free download of the full version too...

Anyway, had to get a replacement phone due to a problem on the touchscreen in February.... unfortunately by the time I got my replacement phone the app was long gone... gutted :(

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Not being able to download videos through MetroTube is tough, but the style, fluidity, and ease of use outweigh every other Youtube app out there. I'd never, ever stop using MetroTube.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes