porting windows phone 7 os to other hardware?

sf_basilix

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to the WP7 forums. I've decided that ios and android just aren't for me. I've been on webos for as long as I can possibly go and am looking for something different, that actually works. I like what I see in WP7 but I'm stuck with Verizon. Apparently there's only one phone and it's older. I'd love to have a Nokia but it doesn't seem like Verizon wants them for whatever reason (probably the same reason they killed webos too).

So my question is this; has the latest versions of wp7 been ported to other devices that are on the verizon network? It would be great if someone was able to get it to work on a Palm Pre 2, but I highly doubt that would be the case considering the small footprint.

I would be interested in buying any newer/faster Verizon phone on ebay that could run WP7 if a port is happening.

Just curious to know what I could do to get a fast/nice WP7 on Verizon.

Dormage

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Right, forgot that ...
Well I don't know much about Verizon living on the other side of the world but i gave it my best shot :)
Good luck at finding something that works for you.

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I've got an old WM6.5 device so I keep an eye out for answers to this very question. The only port I've ever seen is the one listed above for the HD2

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
MS only sells WP software to OEM's. The HD2 can run WP only because it is nearly identical hardware to the HD7, so it was an easy port. Getting it to run on other hardware that Windows Phone was never built for would be much more difficult.

pistolii

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to the WP7 forums. I've decided that ios and android just aren't for me. I've been on webos for as long as I can possibly go and am looking for something different, that actually works. I like what I see in WP7 but I'm stuck with Verizon. Apparently there's only one phone and it's older. I'd love to have a Nokia but it doesn't seem like Verizon wants them for whatever reason (probably the same reason they killed webos too).

So my question is this; has the latest versions of wp7 been ported to other devices that are on the verizon network? It would be great if someone was able to get it to work on a Palm Pre 2, but I highly doubt that would be the case considering the small footprint.

I would be interested in buying any newer/faster Verizon phone on ebay that could run WP7 if a port is happening.

Just curious to know what I could do to get a fast/nice WP7 on Verizon.
Here are 101 reasons not to buy Windows Phone 7.5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)