Predictive text bug

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
If I'm at the end of a line and I select a suggested predictive text word and the word gets wrapped to the next line, the cursor frequently ends up in the middle of that word instead of after a space at the end of it. This, along with not getting a period/full stop when double spacing after a predicted word, is a bug.

Sent from my Radar 4G using Board Express

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm good question. The wrap bug doesn't happen in OneNote, so that must be a Board Express bug. The period bug is everywhere.

Sent from my Radar 4G using Board Express

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Yup Board Express sucks... mpo... The period adder settings are in keyboard settings and can be turned off. Its weird after settings/keyboard/type settings you have to tap the word English to get to it. Odd if you have never done it before.

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I don't see any options for adding periods in Settings. In any case, I don't want to turn it off; I just want it to work right. If I type a word in manually and space twice, I get a period and a space, as on BB. This is good. But if I select a predictive text word, a space is automatically added, and if I press space again I don't get a period. I have to add the period manually. This is bad. I shouldn't have to add a period one way for typed out words and another way for predicted words.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
What I notice i seem to be typing a lot of periods when I am trying to hit the space bar. I chalk a lot of my typing isdues on the keyboard to keyboard operator error.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
ive had that happen on me to while texting, add the word then my cursor is smack in the center of the word, so I have to puch and hold to get the cursor back up and drag it to the end.

haventhad it happened in a little , but it has before!

anodynamic

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I have something else in Wordfeud chat, where whenever I tap to complete a longer word it doesn't replace the letters already entered, and makes me end up with stuff like "compcomplete" and makes it useless for other things than correcting typos in short words.

Haven't seen it happen anywhere else.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
ive had that happen on me to while texting, add the word then my cursor is smack in the center of the word, so I have to puch and hold to get the cursor back up and drag it to the end.

haventhad it happened in a little , but it has before!

yeah, I've seen that a few times when texting. had been assuming that it was just me accidentally tapping elsewhere on the screen (didn't recall ever doing so but I couldn't see any other way for me to suddenly be typing in the wrong spot).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon