Just switched over to WP7

Ky772

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
And I love it. Seriously the best OS I've ever used. And I have used most of them. iOS, Android (GS2 even) and so on. None of them seem to have the fluidity and overall integration that Microsoft has. Totally impressed!

I bought the Titan for only one cent and when Microsoft releases Apollo, yes, I actually plan on buying a new phone with better hardware!

Just wondering, are there any good apps that keep G-talk running in the background? I tried Octrotalk or whatever but that disconnects whenever I go to something else.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey Ice Note,

:D :D :D WELCOME TO WPCENTRAL :D :D :D

glad you like your new phone :)

regarding google talk im not 100% sure but I think we had an article here or they talked about it in the POD cast or something. I dont think you can have G-talk run int he background yet!

I heard skype wouldn`t run in the background ether , soo im not sure what's happening , I hope some one can clear it up :p

In the mean time make sure to check out getting started section :) ( in my signature)

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
For Gtalk you can try IM+ (extremely buggy) or palringo. Both of these run in the background but they only provide the chat aspect of Gtalk.

InfectedPhreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
And I love it. Seriously the best OS I've ever used. And I have used most of them. iOS, Android (GS2 even) and so on. None of them seem to have the fluidity and overall integration that Microsoft has. Totally impressed!

I bought the Titan for only one cent and when Microsoft releases Apollo, yes, I actually plan on buying a new phone with better hardware!

Just wondering, are there any good apps that keep G-talk running in the background? I tried Octrotalk or whatever but that disconnects whenever I go to something else.

G-Talk is the only thing that's keeping me on Android, literally. -_- Have a long distant relationship and we use G-Talk for our personal conversations and basically only use it to communicate unless we're on the PC.

For Gtalk you can try IM+ (extremely buggy) or palringo. Both of these run in the background but they only provide the chat aspect of Gtalk.

I've been wanting to ask this for awhile now, maybe you have the answer. Does IM+ or any multi-platform messenger like IM+/Palringo connect to G-Talk and save logs? So if I signed into my gmail account I could go into "Chats" and read all my past conversations?

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
To be honest you will need to have some patience with this platform. It is still very young in terms of 3rd party applications and given the OS is locked down there will be some hiccups.

I do not run too many apps but the ones I do work without issue.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
G-Talk is the only thing that's keeping me on Android, literally. -_- Have a long distant relationship and we use G-Talk for our personal conversations and basically only use it to communicate unless we're on the PC.

I've been wanting to ask this for awhile now, maybe you have the answer. Does IM+ or any multi-platform messenger like IM+/Palringo connect to G-Talk and save logs? So if I signed into my gmail account I could go into "Chats" and read all my past conversations?

it really depends if the IM provider stores it on their servers or not, I know yahoo! Messenger saved things that I said on IM+ at least the things I said since they switched to the server method.

InfectedPhreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Running a few tests on the logging of conversations. Making sure that whatever I.M service is used, GTalk will continue to log conversations on Gmail. So far I've used IMO, about to test I.M+ to see if it will work. jiTalk seems a lot better then GChat, can't wait to see it hit the market place and see reviews and how it really works out.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs