No music search on my Bing app

percistratus

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a Samsung Focus i917 and updated it successfully to Windows Phone 7.5. However I cannot see the music search icon in Bing search. A friend of mine got an LG Quantum and updated the same time as me, but this icon shows in his handset. This has nothing to do with the region I am, is it? We're both in Malawi, Southern Africa. How can I get this function on my phone, because I prefer this to the 3rd party Shazam or SoundHound.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I believe you'll need to set your region to United States. That's what I had to do in order to get it to work in Canada.

it works in canada now.

its probably cause your not in a currently supported country. but you can change your country settings to a supported one.

percistratus

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
The region is set to United States but it doesn't seem to help. Now the Scout icon has gone, not that I worry because it didn't work here anyway

Timeslicing

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Is the region/country on your primary Windows Live account set to United States? I think that is where the phone actually picks up the country for marketplace, search, zune, etc.

The region is set to United States but it doesn't seem to help. Now the Scout icon has gone, not that I worry because it didn't work here anyway

Cyruss1989

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
At least in Germany(with a German live ID), the region affects the search functions, not the origin of the Live ID.
If I set it to US, I get Local Scout.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3