Strange Problem with notification/status area of screen

RellD05

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I just ran into my first major technical problem with my windows phone since I got it just about a year ago.

I have an HTC Arrive, and today, when trying to turn the ringer back on, I noticed that entire top panel that drops down with the volume button press was non responsive. I then received a text and when I went to click on it to read it, again nothing. Even a slide to the right did nothing. What DID happen however is that my screen pivoted. It is almost like it didn't exist.

I cant bring down the status indicators, or react to any notifications. the rest of the interface works fine though. Even in landscape mode, when the status indicators move to the right of the screen, they still lack any sort of reaction to touch input.

Has anyone even heard of this problem before, a Google search led me to one single result on Microsoft's help forum. Im a little reluctant to even bother with Sprint tech support because im almost sure that I will get the "just hard reset the phone" response. Heres my phone information:

Phone model: HTC T7575
Mobile Operator: Sprint
Mobile OS version: 7.10.7720.68
Firmware revision : 2305.13.40201.651
Hardware revision: 0002
Radio software: 1.53.00.08.30_23w.05.06U
Radio hardware: 2.0.3.0
Bootloader : 4.3.230513.1(130787)
Chip SOC: 2.3.0.5.13
PC OS version: Windows 7 Home Premium
Zune version: 4.8.2345.0

Thanks for any help in advance.

Devilstar

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I just ran into my first major technical problem with my windows phone since I got it just about a year ago.

I have an HTC Arrive, and today, when trying to turn the ringer back on, I noticed that entire top panel that drops down with the volume button press was non responsive. I then received a text and when I went to click on it to read it, again nothing. Even a slide to the right did nothing. What DID happen however is that my screen pivoted. It is almost like it didn't exist.

I cant bring down the status indicators, or react to any notifications. the rest of the interface works fine though. Even in landscape mode, when the status indicators move to the right of the screen, they still lack any sort of reaction to touch input.

Has anyone even heard of this problem before, a Google search led me to one single result on Microsoft's help forum. Im a little reluctant to even bother with Sprint tech support because im almost sure that I will get the "just hard reset the phone" response. Heres my phone information:

Phone model: HTC T7575
Mobile Operator: Sprint
Mobile OS version: 7.10.7720.68
Firmware revision : 2305.13.40201.651
Hardware revision: 0002
Radio software: 1.53.00.08.30_23w.05.06U
Radio hardware: 2.0.3.0
Bootloader : 4.3.230513.1(130787)
Chip SOC: 2.3.0.5.13
PC OS version: Windows 7 Home Premium
Zune version: 4.8.2345.0

Thanks for any help in advance.

I have an arrive as well. My volume rocker and notifications bar from time to time get stuck as your describing but they almost always reset themselves... Is that area of the screen dead when web browsing or using any other apps?? Maybe try just a battery pull before a hard reset.. Leave the battery out for a good couple of minutes to be safe.

RellD05

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I have an arrive as well. My volume rocker and notifications bar from time to time get stuck as your describing but they almost always reset themselves... Is that area of the screen dead when web browsing or using any other apps?? Maybe try just a battery pull before a hard reset.. Leave the battery out for a good couple of minutes to be safe.

The volume rocker is fine, I can adjust the volume, but I cant toggle the ringer on/off through the drop down menu. and yes, the problem is consistent through any apps that I use.

So far ive tried a soft reset, and have take the battery out. A hard rest is the absolute LAST measure im trying to take at this point, really dont want to go through the headache since I beleive there is no wa to totally restore every thing in my phone (text messages, etc)

Devilstar

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
your correct there is no way way of restoring those things.. And sorry I meant volume / notification area... Not the rocker.

Thats a tough one.. I'm outta ideas..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2