XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

2015 machine in 2017?

Surface 3 still holds its own in 2017

Let Kodi cut your cord

You should be using Kodi for Windows 10

Leader of the pack

HP's Spectre x360 15 just might be the best all-around laptop

New or refurbed?

Is a refurbed Surface right for you?

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. RellD05's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    Hello,

    I just ran into my first major technical problem with my windows phone since I got it just about a year ago.

    I have an HTC Arrive, and today, when trying to turn the ringer back on, I noticed that entire top panel that drops down with the volume button press was non responsive. I then received a text and when I went to click on it to read it, again nothing. Even a slide to the right did nothing. What DID happen however is that my screen pivoted. It is almost like it didn't exist.

    I cant bring down the status indicators, or react to any notifications. the rest of the interface works fine though. Even in landscape mode, when the status indicators move to the right of the screen, they still lack any sort of reaction to touch input.


    Has anyone even heard of this problem before, a Google search led me to one single result on Microsoft's help forum. Im a little reluctant to even bother with Sprint tech support because im almost sure that I will get the "just hard reset the phone" response. Heres my phone information:


    Phone model: HTC T7575
    Mobile Operator: Sprint
    Mobile OS version: 7.10.7720.68
    Firmware revision : 2305.13.40201.651
    Hardware revision: 0002
    Radio software: 1.53.00.08.30_23w.05.06U
    Radio hardware: 2.0.3.0
    Bootloader : 4.3.230513.1(130787)
    Chip SOC: 2.3.0.5.13
    PC OS version: Windows 7 Home Premium
    Zune version: 4.8.2345.0
    Country: US


    Thanks for any help in advance.
  2. Devilstar's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by RellD05 View Post
    Hello,

    I just ran into my first major technical problem with my windows phone since I got it just about a year ago.

    I have an HTC Arrive, and today, when trying to turn the ringer back on, I noticed that entire top panel that drops down with the volume button press was non responsive. I then received a text and when I went to click on it to read it, again nothing. Even a slide to the right did nothing. What DID happen however is that my screen pivoted. It is almost like it didn't exist.

    I cant bring down the status indicators, or react to any notifications. the rest of the interface works fine though. Even in landscape mode, when the status indicators move to the right of the screen, they still lack any sort of reaction to touch input.


    Has anyone even heard of this problem before, a Google search led me to one single result on Microsoft's help forum. Im a little reluctant to even bother with Sprint tech support because im almost sure that I will get the "just hard reset the phone" response. Heres my phone information:


    Phone model: HTC T7575
    Mobile Operator: Sprint
    Mobile OS version: 7.10.7720.68
    Firmware revision : 2305.13.40201.651
    Hardware revision: 0002
    Radio software: 1.53.00.08.30_23w.05.06U
    Radio hardware: 2.0.3.0
    Bootloader : 4.3.230513.1(130787)
    Chip SOC: 2.3.0.5.13
    PC OS version: Windows 7 Home Premium
    Zune version: 4.8.2345.0
    Country: US


    Thanks for any help in advance.
    I have an arrive as well. My volume rocker and notifications bar from time to time get stuck as your describing but they almost always reset themselves... Is that area of the screen dead when web browsing or using any other apps?? Maybe try just a battery pull before a hard reset.. Leave the battery out for a good couple of minutes to be safe.
  3. RellD05's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilstar View Post
    I have an arrive as well. My volume rocker and notifications bar from time to time get stuck as your describing but they almost always reset themselves... Is that area of the screen dead when web browsing or using any other apps?? Maybe try just a battery pull before a hard reset.. Leave the battery out for a good couple of minutes to be safe.
    The volume rocker is fine, I can adjust the volume, but I cant toggle the ringer on/off through the drop down menu. and yes, the problem is consistent through any apps that I use.


    So far ive tried a soft reset, and have take the battery out. A hard rest is the absolute LAST measure im trying to take at this point, really dont want to go through the headache since I beleive there is no wa to totally restore every thing in my phone (text messages, etc)
  4. Devilstar's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    your correct there is no way way of restoring those things.. And sorry I meant volume / notification area... Not the rocker.

    Thats a tough one.. I'm outta ideas..
  5. RellD05's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilstar View Post
    your correct there is no way way of restoring those things.. And sorry I meant volume / notification area... Not the rocker.

    Thats a tough one.. I'm outta ideas..
    Its cool, thanks anyway though
  6. eric12341's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,635 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,641 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    Yup either have to hard reset it or get it replaced.

Posting Permissions