Download MP3?

keepitcoder

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I have emailed myself a MP3 and a few JPGs.

I can download the JPGs fine, but it gives me no option to download the MP3. I can play the MP3, but I can't save it?

I then uploaded it to skydrive, its the same scenario. It allows me to save JPGs but not MP3s?

WTF?!?!

keepitcoder

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
You gotta be kidding me? I have to use ZUNE?!?! that crapass software.

Even BlackBerry's antiquated software allows you to:
- download MP3s from websites, email, etc.
- download/install apps from your computer, from their appstore, from websites, and evne from your SD card
- COMES WITH A FILE BROWSER!!!
- Can load files directly onto the SD card or device memory and use them from your phone without the need of any software similar to Zune, iTunes, etc.
- set custom ringtones/alerts
- cutomize options such as DEFAULT CALENDAR view (i'd much rather see the entire month than just todays junk).

Just too bad BlackBerry's interface isn't very modern. I still dig the Windows Phone, but seriously need to have more options instead of just DUMBING everything down. There are "power users" out there.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have to use ZUNE?!?! that crapass software.

I understand your frustration, because I too would love to download the songs from my Skydrive to my device.

But calling the Zune software "crapass" is very close minded and frankly childish. I rarely care when people say stuff like this on the internet, but to claim you "dig Windows Phone" and think Zune is bad is an oxymoron--you're using a Zune.

I'd recommend giving the software a go sometime, and I'm willing to bet you'd be surprised at how fluid the interface is. Hey, it's just like the phone! Go figure. Run the software, click the song and select sync. Get over yourself.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Those who truly dig windows phone wouldn't come onto this site with a rant like that. It isn't hard to download the file and then drop it into a music folder where it then automatically adds to your library if auto sync is set up. This is the same as dragging and dropping (the power user way?) it gets even better when WiFi sync is setup. Just drag the files into one of the folders that Zune is set to look for then the files are automatically in the phone when it's sitting in a different room.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
It's probably a DRM (Digital rights management) issue due to the recording industry. I expect to see more of it across all platforms. I think they have gone a little over board with it.

It's just a guess.

passness

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the club. i am new here too.
g.gif

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Just get SkyMusic and move your Mp3s to your SkyDrive. Can stream everything from there. As far as dumbing down, think you might be missing the point. Being a computer geek since the early 80s I can say that things like file browsers, full blown Outlook and other "missing features" are so yesterday. Spend some time with Windows 8 and you will start to understand. This is the future baby. Get used to it.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
No reason to stick around since there really is no decent solution for this. We've been over this skydive stuff before.

It can't be done. Thread should have ended after the second post.

Also not everyone autosyncs everything. It's impossible to autosync a 21 gb music collection to a 16gb device so many of us are forced to manage it on that level. We don't know how he does it, though.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Great Fez

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Actually the suggestion of downloading to pc and copying to phone is a bit ridiculous. I don't carry my pc with me all the time, that's why I have a "smart" phone. Also streaming from skydive is not always practical, I have limited bandwidth and sometimes I am out of signal range. MS has just simply blocked this ability. There is no good reason, it's not a security risk. They just want to force you to buy music from designated sources so they always get a bit of $$. You can do this quite easily on Android and even Apple.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I do agree with this point. MS have been banging on about how amazingly secure Win8.1 is on my desktop and tablet and yet they allow me to download any MP3 or other media files on those devices. But it's an unacceptable security risk once my device has a screen smaller than 7 inches? Really? Either MS is lying about Win8.1's supposed security levels, or they're lying about the need to ban downloading media on WP8. Can't have it both ways.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3