Lumia 900 seeding to at&t reps

Xtian.Castro

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I work for at&t at a corporate store and the company started a heavy "seeding" initiative for the 900. They are basically requiring all of us to use for our company phones. I of course am elated, but the rest of employees couldn't be more beside themselves. You'd think they were being told they had to use flip phones. Everyone here has bad opinions of WP7. They all use iPhones and will tolerate Android phones. I have tried talking about the benefits of WP7, but they are completely uninterested. I am hoping they find some good stuff they like about it, cause I have a feeling if the 900 doesn't catch with the reps there won't be much hope for the phone being successful.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Horrible idea. Best way to create contempt? Force them to use phones without their beloved words with friends, without the brand new angry birds in space, without their facetime.

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, you're right, but hopefully the majority will find things to be simplar and more visually appealing. Hey why isn't angry birds in space on WP7.5? Or words with friends for that matter

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Not everybody plays words with friends, draw something, angry birds space etc that's for kids. Lumia 900 should be more for the mature users who want offline GPS, office suites, e-mail and great communication features.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
No, the Lumia 900 should be for everyone, or it will fail.

It doesn't have to be it will do fine even if its catered to a specific group of people. Obviously more people the better.

IMO its more suited to the older mature adults age 25+ who don't play games and want the phone for phone purposes.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I work for at&t at a corporate store and the company started a heavy "seeding" initiative for the 900. They are basically requiring all of us to use for our company phones. I of course am elated, but the rest of employees couldn't be more beside themselves. You'd think they were being told they had to use flip phones. Everyone here has bad opinions of WP7. They all use iPhones and will tolerate Android phones. I have tried talking about the benefits of WP7, but they are completely uninterested. I am hoping they find some good stuff they like about it, cause I have a feeling if the 900 doesn't catch with the reps there won't be much hope for the phone being successful.

How old are your reps

anon(5325135)

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't know, but I don't know if forcing the 900 on the reps will be helpful. It could turn the wrong way and use it to bad mouth it.

Posted from my Samsung Focus Windows Phone.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
this is GOOD! store resps should ALWAYS change phones and SHOULD be force to try ALL the phones. that way we wouldn't have so many UNINFORMED ignorant store reps.

when I was a store rep , i used a new phone EVERY month. I never liked and use Blackbery but one day i walked into the store and my Manager FORCED me to put it on my DEMO line for 1 week so i could learn to use it more.

I was really mad!! but you know what? i can honestly say I NOW know every thing I need to know about BB and I can now talk about it to all my clients with out stumbling.

id say 90% of store reps in the world only really know ONE phone .. and its the one they use. and honestly I don't know how half these reps even make Commission

how do you sale products you know nothing about? and ok no one wants it , but what if some one does want it? do you tell him him to bad i wont sale it to you cause i know nothing about it and i ASSUME it sucks?

Honestly Dude! LET your reps be idiots .. your gona get all the WP COMMISSION!! :D:D: better for you!!!!! hahaha $$$$$$$$$$$$

*Face Palm*

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't know, but I don't know if forcing the 900 on the reps will be helpful. It could turn the wrong way and use it to bad mouth it.

Posted from my Samsung Focus Windows Phone.

I think its a good idea for the reps to get familiar with the phone. If its a bunch of young reps maybe because of all their fancy dancy games but whatever free phone for them.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Also representatives should represent the brand why would AT&T sell a sh*t phone. They need to figure out the strengths and weaknesses and sell ppl based on that.

You cant be like oh WP is garbage because it doesn't have WWF or Draw Something cause that's just stupid.

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't have to be it will do fine even if its catered to a specific group of people. Obviously more people the better.

IMO its more suited to the older mature adults age 25+ who don't play games and want the phone for phone purposes.
I definitely do see your point, the design oozes sophistication and maturity, but I think Nokia should still cater to as many people as possible. Fail is a harsh word, I just want Nokia to keep growing and for their products and Windows 7.5 to reach as many people as possible.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I definitely think the reps should have hands on time with different devices, I'm just not sure forcing them to use any device is the correct way to do it.
As to the other comments in this thread re: device aim, who plays games on their phones, etc, I'll pass on that absurd argument.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers