Cracked screen repairs?

mobster011

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my Titan and cracked the screen. AT&T wants a $200 deductible to have it fixed. Does anyone know of any kind of store, site, center that independently replaced cracked screens?

I just read about this company called iHospital that repairs iOS devices for cheaper than Apple stores. Anything like this out there for those of us without iOS devices?

That's for any help. I'm sure there are/will be others out there with the same issue I'm having.

mobster011

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Well (1) I don't know where to find a screen and (2) if I'm paying for the screen separate and then paying you $100, why wouldn't I just do it through AT&T? I'm sure the cost of the screen plus your $100 would bring me close to the $200 AT&T wants, and I wouldn't have to worry about sending my phone and purchased screen to a stranger...unless you happen to live in South Jersey.

I'm going to be paying the deductible in a couple weeks when I get my work bonus. In the meantime, does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Well (1) I don't know where to find a screen and (2) if I'm paying for the screen separate and then paying you $100, why wouldn't I just do it through AT&T? I'm sure the cost of the screen plus your $100 would bring me close to the $200 AT&T wants, and I wouldn't have to worry about sending my phone and purchased screen to a stranger...unless you happen to live in South Jersey.

I'm going to be paying the deductible in a couple weeks when I get my work bonus. In the meantime, does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions?

On a couple of Nokia forums, I remember people finding new screens on eBay at a pretty cheap price. I have no idea if a Titan screen would be available.

Google: HTC Titan replacement screen.

Email a few of the online screen replacement companies.

About the only things I can think of.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
HTC Titan Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement

This is what I found. Is this easy to do? I would love to go this route and save myself over a hundred bucks but I want it to look perfect, as if it never happened.

What are your thought? Ever replaced a screen yourself?

You should be able to find a few YouTube videos of people doing it to different phone, so that will give you an idea of how hard it is. :cool:

mobster011

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to find a few YouTube videos of people doing it to different phone, so that will give you an idea of how hard it is. :cool:
Is there a particular phone that might give the best comparison to a Titan? An HD7? Something else entirely?

Do you have any idea what the digitizer means in the title of the linked site?

mobster011

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else ever replaced a screen themselves? Im worried about doing it because I dont have a video to guide me, I've never done this before, and it voids the warranty.

Is replacing a screen typically easy? Is there any chance of bricking my phone or any other big problem that can occur?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Is there a particular phone that might give the best comparison to a Titan? An HD7? Something else entirely?

Do you have any idea what the digitizer means in the title of the linked site?

Watching something like this will give you a good idea how hard it is: TYTN II screen replacement tutorial video - YouTube Just take your time and don't force anything.

I don't know what they mean by Digitizer.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else ever replaced a screen themselves? Im worried about doing it because I dont have a video to guide me, I've never done this before, and it voids the warranty.

Is replacing a screen typically easy? Is there any chance of bricking my phone or any other big problem that can occur?
I replace screens for a living. It's easy for me, but I get paid for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs