Lumia 900 or Titan 2?

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
My contract ends up soon on AT&T and I have been deciding what Windows Phone is the best. Are the special Nokia apps and the design make it a better phone than the Titan 2's bigger screen and 16MP camera better?

I currently have the Samsung Focus Flash and don't want another Samsung (Android or Windows Phone) since any Samsung phone I buy has problems.

Please post your thoughts below! I really can't decide!

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Personally I would go for the Lumia 900. I feel as if Nokia actually cares about Windows Phone enough to keep the user experience satisfying for us consumers. I'd say Nokia Drive, Maps and Transit are pretty good, Creative Studio, CNN and the Play To (beta) are nice, and Nokia Reader is a good prospect. On their own these apps make the Lumia fairly robust, add on the other app options (FB, WhatsApp, Skype, etc) and you're good to go.

Chances are Nokia will continue pushing out new apps for the Lumia-series, down the line they might even leverage support from the likes of Rovio.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I am a fairly big fan of HTC, so I do not want to just say go with the Nokia. But there have been a ton of bugs and sub-par problems with the original Titan, so the 900 gets the edge to start. But I sure would look at the Titan 2 and see if:

1) Call quality is vastly improved. HTC usually has great call quality with their devices, which makes the Titan 1 and it's problems really strange. I am betting it is much stronger with #2, and then it is just if the 900 is better or not.

2) What does the 16 MP camera on the T2 actually bring? The camera on the T1 was outstanding. I am concerned that they are messing with one of the best parts of their product. We know Nokia has great cameras, so again just compare.

3) The HTC Hub is a good selling point, and Nokia is making a lot of it's exclusives available to all WP devices as part of it's support for Microsoft (truly is a win/win with this team up). So, while Nokia will have the best support, do not think HTC is a slouch.

Overall, if I had to choose sight unseen, I would pick the Nokia. But a few months ago if pressed, I would have picked the Titan over the Focus S sight unseen. Once I was in the AT&T store in Champaigne IL testing them both out, the Focus S was easliy the best device for me. I am not saying the 900 isn't the clubhouse leader, I am just saying do not write off HTC, which was the standard bearer for WP long before Nokia got the flag.

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I am a fairly big fan of HTC, so I do not want to just say go with the Nokia. But there have been a ton of bugs and sub-par problems with the original Titan, so the 900 gets the edge to start. But I sure would look at the Titan 2 and see if:

1) Call quality is vastly improved. HTC usually has great call quality with their devices, which makes the Titan 1 and it's problems really strange. I am betting it is much stronger with #2, and then it is just if the 900 is better or not.

2) What does the 16 MP camera on the T2 actually bring? The camera on the T1 was outstanding. I am concerned that they are messing with one of the best parts of their product. We know Nokia has great cameras, so again just compare.

3) The HTC Hub is a good selling point, and Nokia is making a lot of it's exclusives available to all WP devices as part of it's support for Microsoft (truly is a win/win with this team up). So, while Nokia will have the best support, do not think HTC is a slouch.

Overall, if I had to choose sight unseen, I would pick the Nokia. But a few months ago if pressed, I would have picked the Titan over the Focus S sight unseen. Once I was in the AT&T store in Champaigne IL testing them both out, the Focus S was easliy the best device for me. I am not saying the 900 isn't the clubhouse leader, I am just saying do not write off HTC, which was the standard bearer for WP long before Nokia got the flag.

So some of the Nokia apps will may be available on non-Nokia Windows Phones?

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I really don't care which as long as you aren't getting a crappy Android or iPhone. Just comes down to what you like more, if you want a really big screen then go with the titan 2, if you want some apps a few months early then go with the 900.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
The Nokia looks gorgeous, but I wonder how much they've sacrificed for style (the complaints of micro-USB port covers snapping off the 800 are concerning). And I've heard that the 800's camera wasn't as good as the name brand and specs would make it sound, whereas I've heard great stuff about the Titan's camera.

If you can deal with the massive form factor of the HTC, I'd go with it. But I don't think either is necessarily a bad choice.

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Im getting which ever comes out first and if same day. Im leaning towards HTC titan II unless lumia blows me away in person, which it might.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hard to say I have both a Nokia Lumia 710 and an HTC HD7.. The build is decent with the HD7 however there is no I mean no volume at all playing a video or a game may as well put the cans on because you wont hear a thing. the 710 has volume and plenty of it based on that and based on the apps and how each company is committed to the OS..I would have to toss my hat into the Nokia ring. The design of the 900 is fresh and exciting the Design of the HTC to me looks like every other HTC... I'll wait for the chance that 900 hits T-MO by middle summer. Because I will not switch to AT&T for nothing.

Kahuna Cowboy

May 25, 2011
Visit site
After the original Titan and it's plaguing issues, then figure in Nokia is getting priority with exclusive apps as well as Nokia's own apps, the answer is pretty clear I think.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
After the original Titan and it's plaguing issues, then figure in Nokia is getting priority with exclusive apps as well as Nokia's own apps, the answer is pretty clear I think.

That was confusing. The European Titan seemed to be fine, but the U.S. model seemed to have issues.

damielrohie

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I honestly was thinking about holding out till Apollo but the more I see the 900 the more excited about having it i get. Dont get me wrong I like the Titan II, but the problem is that it looks exactly like all the android phones out there. that is what I like about the 900. it doesnt look like anything out there. so when i bust it out people wont mistake it for something else. they will say whoa dude what phone is that! which is why I am voting 900!

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
900. It's not even a contest

Nokia: legendary phone-building pedigree, legendary support, GORGEOUS design, clear black SAMOLED, etc.

HTC: iffy build quality, crap support, generic, recycled android design, screen's pretty good though.

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Well the 900 is not perfect. It's pretty heavy in the hand, scratches easily, is a fingerprint magnet (screen and device itself), pretty large for a 4'3 screen, questionable camera quality (certainly not as impressive as Titan 2).

With that being said it does a lot of things well.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to have to vote for the Lumia 900.

Lumia 900--------------------Titan II----------------------------Winner
CB-SAMOLED--------------S-LCD----------------------------L900
Polycarbonate--------------Metallic Unibody---------------L900 (though, T2 is nice, too)
Non-removable battery---Removable battery------------T2
Tons of Exclusive apps--HTC Hub/Sound Enhancer--L900
Carl Zeiss Cam-------------16GB Camera-------------------No idea, but probably the T2.

Bottom line is that the Nokia is going to look better (beautiful design plus Clear Black might be the most beautiful screen I've ever seen), have better app support (Maps, Drive, Music, EA-partnership), most likely will have better build quality (although my last two phones have been HTCs [Imagio and Trophy], I would not dare say that they have high build quality), and will be well known by AT&T employees. I would really like some comparisons of the cameras, though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)