SMS messages disappearing

whataguywants

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I have a HTC Titan and new SMS messages are suddenly disappearing. When I receive a new message it appears in the notification bar at the top of the screen, but is not saved in the messages thread. SMS messages I send are also not appearing in the messages thread although they are being received. Can anyone help, is there a message limit in WP7?

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
There are no message limits in WP, on my arrive before I gave up on it because of the slow sprint speeds I had 6 months worth of messages on it. And I send/receive between 2000-3500 messages a month so that's at least 12000 messages. This is not including the Facebook messages of course. Try restarting the device or something.

sshah1

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I am having this problem as well. Ever since I updated my phone I have had problems with my email accounts synchronising and my SMS messages not not appear in the messaging tab.

Did you find a way to fix this?

I have a HTC Titan and new SMS messages are suddenly disappearing. When I receive a new message it appears in the notification bar at the top of the screen, but is not saved in the messages thread. SMS messages I send are also not appearing in the messages thread although they are being received. Can anyone help, is there a message limit in WP7?

yukikodo

May 24, 2012
Visit site
this is sooooo annoying, i have the same problem. I've restarted my phone countless times but it seems the text msgs keep on disappearing. It's since a week like this. Does anyone know a solution for this?

yukikodo

May 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Nokia Lumia, have the phone since a few months. I also ain't able to update any nokia-apps. Do you have a solution? Can only see the messages come in at the top bar, and when I click on it, the message doesn't appear. And sometimes a message appears a few days later, and some don't even appear anymore :(

yukikodo

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Kept on text messaging myself with other phones, with all of them the same problem, saw a notification in the bar above, and however I went to my text-inbox, they did not appear. It's so weird, didn't do anything different with my phone and for some reason this happens =(

waihibeachian

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I managed to fix this problem... After the upgrade to 7.5 I noticed that the Date/Time had reset back to 2011 (i.e. I also had automatic time sync'ing turned off). Setting the Date/time to the current Date/Time fix the problem...

radsdau

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I managed to fix this problem... After the upgrade to 7.5 I noticed that the Date/Time had reset back to 2011 (i.e. I also had automatic time sync'ing turned off). Setting the Date/time to the current Date/Time fix the problem...

Fantastic- thank you! Well found.

Turns out I had removed my battery for a few minutes getting some sand out... the time was reset.

Automatic time updating has never worked for me so I have to do it manually anyway.

Cheers.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I have to lol at this because this actually happened to me as well. It was one time I synchronized with the media center pc and all of a sudden my feeds were like posted "recently" and people hub wasnt able to get some new feeds, and when I looked at my date it was set back to 2011 :confused:

DanVonderheide

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
Well...I'm glad YOU guys got this fixed but my time/date is 100% correct and my messages still aren't appearing. This happened totally at random. When I get a text, it shows up in the notification bar and if I get to it in time, I can see the entire thread. But if I go to the messaging "hub", there are ZERO threads visible. If I go to the People hub and tap Text/SMS, it opens up the historical thread with that person. But if I can't see what JUST CAME IN when I don't get there in time (which is every time), I have no reference point to see who is messaging me.

Any further ideas?

Tobias Andersen

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
My lumia 920 has had the same problem, several times.
Setting the correct time/date settings manually doesn't work
And automatic time/date settings has never worked for me.

Getting really tired of factory resetting my phone just to get messages...

nobody has any solutions?

third party sms app?

Daniel Fulop

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
You have to set the date properly. I had the same problem, cause my phone's date was set to 1980 :D just have to set the date and time properly, and it's all good then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786