New To Windows Mobile, few questions...

Naltima

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
New To Windows Phone, few questions...

Hi,

After about 3 years of Android I decided to give Windows Phone a try. I currently have Mango installed on the Dell Venue Pro and for the most part pretty impressed with the OS. But there are a few things that are deal breakers, hopefully you guys will be able to help me out with a few problems I'm having.

First of all. I'm not able to seek through videos on either YouTube or any other videos I view through the browser. The only way to fast forward or rewind a video is to tap the fast fast forward or rewind button. It's not really something I'm satisfied with. When I try to seek using the seek bar nothing happens.

I haven't tried playing music yet, but hopefully it won't be the same problem.

Another question I had is there a way to star emails if I'm using Gmail? It looks like I"m able to flag emails but they don't sync with Gmail's star system which sucks because I get a ton of emails a day and it's one of the ways I stayed organized with Android.

Any help you could provide would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
First things first. It's Windows Phone, not Windows Mobile. I believe the video and audio works the same way. Can only incrementally fast forward/rewind. Regarding GMail, that's a issue on Google's end and their limited support for Windows Phone.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Naltima

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I see... I'm also having trouble installing Skype. The about page in my phone definitely says Windows 7.5 installed. Yet when I search the marketplace it's not there and when i try to do it through the web interface it tells me that the version of the OS is incompatible?

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Skype in the Marketplace: It's not searchable because it's private. I made this one clickable.

From Zune:
qr%20code_WP%20blog%20post-thumb-485x485-21421.png
Tested them both, and this one would be faster.

Last edited:

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
The only way currently to get on skype (if you can ) would be to login or ie9 on your phone to the skype system. An app is undere development and the hope is that it will be baked into the apollo rom later this year.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Its windows phone not windows mobile

1) if you press and hold on the buttons it can rewind or fast forward to the desired position, it isn't too bad once you get into it more.

2) blame Google

3) enjoy and thanks for not buying crappy iPhone or Android .

Naltima

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the help guys. I got most of the things working. Unfortunately I had to send the phone back to Newegg for a replacement because the one I got had a defective screen.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Well when you get your replacement I hope the screen and the rest of the phone works for you! If possible could you correct the yiyle of the thread to Windows Phone instead of Windows Mobile please Its kind of a sore spot among many of the Windows Phone faithful! Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs