How many Windows Phones can I log in with my Live ID??

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes, this is something I've wondering about for some time now and thought I ask since I already have a first gen WP and planning to get an Apollo device too.

I just have one Live ID and can I use it on more than 2 Windows Phones??
Will notifications and emails appear on both?
If one gets lost, can I track/ring from the Windows Phone website without any confusion since it's the same Live ID on both phones with one missing and one with me, can the website distinguish between the two and show me where the missing one is? Coz I think the tracking is based on the Live ID.
Any advantages and disadvantages??
Or do I have to just creat multiple Live ID's for Multiple Windows Phones if they are all functional?? That means I have to download and purchase apps with all the different Live IDs.

Any suggestions out there??

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I think when I have been mucking around in Zune it gives a limit of 5 Windows Phones. And my old phone and new phone were both signed in at the same time with no problems.

Edit: the tracking is by phone name (the name in Zune) so no problems there. Double edit: The tracking is by Live-ID but it still recognizes the individual phones. You sign in and it will have the different phones on your account listed.

GMJeff

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
From what I understand, you can only sync up to 5 devices to any one computer through Zune. Granted, you do not need to use Zune to sync your phones, but it is the only way to update the phones through official channels.

Microsoft changed the login policies a few years ago for Windows Live, allowing you to log in to multiple devices at one time. I have been logged into two Windows Phones, an Android phone, my laptop and a Galaxy Tab all at the same time.

Depending on settings, you will get emails on all devices at the same time, or within a short time. I have noticed that some devices don't handle push email as well as some of the others, so there would be a delay sometimes. If you have some of your devices set to pull email, you may never see anything as emails could be deleted on one device and never seen in the inbox by another.

alaskanjackson

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I have 4 windows phones on one Windows Live Account. Great way to keep track of my kids phones use etc. Also we can set reminders for the whole family, like practice times, chores etc. The kids actually like it vs a verbal nag from the old man.

steve70

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all, just started using my old Arrive a media device for my bike rides. Didn't really think about it but now I'm gonna set it up for games too.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I have 5 right now and I've not went past that unless the wife has another kid coming out in that case he or she can buy there own device ..I think I am at the max number…

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05