Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hey Guys. I have a Focus on the At&t network and I tried the talk to text today, which i use all the time, and it says it cannot connect to network. I spoke with my mom who has a Focus flash on the At&t network and she has been having the same issue since yesterday. Has there been any one else running in to this issue? is there a fix?

Global Posts
    2,432 Global Posts
    Its probably a signal strength issue with their towers maybe they are working to upgrade to LTE or something like that!
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!

I haven't tried today but I was having the very same problem yesterday.
    ...When you judge someone you tell more about yourself than the person you are judging.

Same issue here in Grand Rapids MIchigan AT&T told me Sunday my phone was shot so under the warranty they are sending me a new one I have a LG Quantum C900

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Mine worked a little while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by sconrad308 View Post
    Mine worked a little while ago.
    Still out here

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shoe7400 View Post
    Still out here
    That is weird, maybe it is a regional thing? I'm in West Virginia maybe because of the APN's I use to connect.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Hey, mine was doing the exact same thing yesterday. Even after several reboots... Everything else worked, just no voice.

I noticed this yesterday afternoon (Nashua, NH) and thought it had something to do with the update I pushed onto my phone. However I just verified today that a phone that has not been updated also has this issue.

Still having the problem and At&t said I was the only person to have this problem so I should try resetting my phone. Other then that they don't want to help

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I have had this problem on AT&T all day long. Traveling from Oklahoma City to Kansas City. I assumed maybe I was having connection problems, but now that I'm in KC with excellent reception (cellular and wifi) it still does not work and tells me it can't connect to the server.
    Last edited by bbennett40; 03-26-2012 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Failed to include location

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Used it for the first time yesterday; no problem in CT. The problems you are experiencing seem to be spread out geographicly so I doubt it is any one issue. It could be downed tower, poor location and maybe even low battery.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Unless all the towers between Oklahoma City and Kansas City are down, I doubt that's an issue. My phone was plugged in each time. So that's not an issue. And I've tried with full bars with same result. Also should not be an issue.

Just so everyone is clear, this is only an issue for me when using Cellular Data. If I'm using WiFi then it works just fine.
    Last edited by wganz; 03-26-2012 at 09:21 PM.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wganz View Post
    Just so everyone is clear, this is only an issue when using Cellular Data. If you're using WiFi then it works just fine.
    Sorry, I hadn't turned wifi on since I got to the hotel. You are correct. It works over wifi. My apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by wganz View Post
    Just so everyone is clear, this is only an issue when using Cellular Data. If you're using WiFi then it works just fine.
    mine does not, but I also just updated my samsung focus to 8107

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbennett40 View Post
    Sorry, I hadn't turned wifi on since I got to the hotel. You are correct. It works over wifi. My apologies.
    I take that back. Am now wifi connected and still getting "couldn't connect". Turned wifi off and it worked over cellular. Turned wifi back on and got "couldn't connect". So to spam the thread with updates, I get the same "couldn't connect" sporadically on either wifi or cellular.

Mine will work over WiFi but not when I'm off of it

Focus Flash AT&T via Net10 Sim Card Location West Texas

was not working at all yesterday both wifi and cell data

Wifi is working today, no problems when speech searching etc. " Find Whatever"

Cell Data not working "We can't connect to search right now" Check your cell data or wifi connection

No problems with any other Speech Command..Speech To text is working..But "Find or Search does not over cell data connect". Wifi Works just fine..

Wonder if it is a AT&T network problem..
    TMobile Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - Prepaid Unlimited + 3gb Hotspot
    AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 - Net10 AT&T
    Retired Focus Flash (wp7.8 = 7.10.8862.14)
    Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
    WPCentralApp Beta Tester

PA is down too on ATT. Works on WIFI but not cellular. Is it just on ATT or is any verizon trophy users having same issue?

I have a Verizon Trophy and it was working flawlessly today. I just double-checked and it is still working. Sounds like it may be an AT&T issue. I am in Waco, Texas, if that helps anyone.

Carrier: Verizon Wireless
    Phones: HTC 8X & HTC Trophy & Samsung Focus
    PC:Dell Studio XPS 1640

My app: Plant Guide

Spitfire 4.0, my HTC Imagio, rest in peace.

There are reports of t mobile customers having the issue as well. Something tells me its probably an issue with the tellme service

My Focus and a friends tell me does not work on ATT 3G, but works over WiFi, my mom has a Trophy, it does not work on 3g but does on wifi, we are in the Pittsburgh area. My brother has a Trophy, he's in the Washington DC area and his tell me works over 3g. I think the problem is on MS end.

Today it's working perfectly on both wi-fi and cellular data.
    ...When you judge someone you tell more about yourself than the person you are judging.

Mine stopped working yesterday and no amount of restarting the phone helped.

After reading some people who had it work or not work on Wifi I did the following.

Turned on Wifi and connected to my home network.
    Attempted to send a text message using voice - Was able to connect to the server and recoginize my voice.
    Turned Wifi off
    Attempted to send a text message using voice - Was able to connect to the server and recoginize my voice.

Maybe somehow the IP addresses the phone uses to connect to the Tellme server got corrupted and connecting using Wifi cleans it up?